• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Driving Games

I used to be a CoD whore. The rage was calmed with Skyrim. Then I played Battlefield. Then I got my arse kicked in playthrough 2.5 of Borderlands 2.

And now, for the first time in my gaming life, I have bought 2 racing games : Need For Speed Most Wanted and Forza Horizon. I got NFS first and played it for a while. Great game, great fun. Great cars, great sounds. Online multi is much harder than solo. I was prepared to put serious time into this game.

Last night I started playing Forza Horizons. IMHO, an even greater game than NFS. The map is more fun because you can drive like a hooligan more than you can in NFS. No pigs to worry about in Forza. I miss the driving through tunnels sounds from NFS. The cars seem easier to handle overall, yet when you do make a mistake you're punished for it. I like that when you crash the game carries on with no break.

I need to get the wireless steering wheel working.

We have Forza 4 and so far I really enjoy it (if I can stop leaning every time I go around a corner... my boyfriend laughs at me endlessly!). I'm thinking of downloading the Horizon demo to check it out.

Forza 4 is my first xbox game that I've played, so I have nothing to compare it to. NFS.. is it better, worse, or about the same, as Forza?

Upvote 0
We have Forza 4 and so far I really enjoy it (if I can stop leaning every time I go around a corner... my boyfriend laughs at me endlessly!). I'm thinking of downloading the Horizon demo to check it out.

Forza 4 is my first xbox game that I've played, so I have nothing to compare it to. NFS.. is it better, worse, or about the same, as Forza?
The NFS games are more arcade-ey, Forza is more simulation style. Which is better depends on what you prefer or what you're in the mood for. I like both types at different times.

Reactions: Petrah
Upvote 0
Forza Horizons (I have never played the others) and NFS : Most Wanted are very very similar. Forza started out really well, but then the next level of races wanted me to buy other cars (crappier cars it seems) and after tuning up my Evolution I have found that apart from free roam and challenges in between races there is no point.

Things that I don't like : no matter what setting, you start at the back of the grid. No matter what setting, you do not accelerate as fast as the others at the start. The continual push to spend money/MS points.

Things that I really like : the points for everything (jups, road signs, burn outs etc), the car noises, the graphics, the gameplay.

Upvote 0
Forza Horizons (I have never played the others) and NFS : Most Wanted are very very similar. Forza started out really well, but then the next level of races wanted me to buy other cars (crappier cars it seems) and after tuning up my Evolution I have found that apart from free roam and challenges in between races there is no point.

Things that I don't like : no matter what setting, you start at the back of the grid. No matter what setting, you do not accelerate as fast as the others at the start. The continual push to spend money/MS points.

Things that I really like : the points for everything (jups, road signs, burn outs etc), the car noises, the graphics, the gameplay.

Granted I'm only at level 20 something (haven't played in almost 2 weeks), I didn't encounter any of that. I downloaded two Forza android apps, one of which gives you the stats for each set of level reward cars. I've been snagging the one with the best stats and not upgrading them (other than painting). I've started right at the front a few times on the grid. When I'm further back on the grid, and once I got the hang of how touchy the steering is with the stick on the controller, I can manage to squeeze right between the cars and pull out ahead of them to first place. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, but I do have fun trying!

My three favorite cars that I have thus far is the 70 Chevelle (my dream car for years), the Mustang Boss, and the Nissan 240SX. My boyfriend was tickled to see the latter car in the game since we have one sitting in our garage hehe.

Upvote 0
The only driving games that I am currently playing are:

1. Forza 4
2. 2012 F1

I can spend hours upon hours playing both of those games...that is when I can get the Xbox away from my 15 year old...but that is my fault for buying him COD Black Ops.

Speaking of which..it's 2 am..maybe I should fire up F1!
The racing games can get really addicting...just one more try lol.

Upvote 0
i/m currently playing Shift on my HTC Desire C. Surprisingly, it worked on the 600mhz processor whic most people mock. have no prob with this game so far, i like the camera views, esp. the steering wheel view, makes me feel like i'm actually driving on the race. right now, i am on Tier 3 (Tokyo), and i completed the 1st event (circuit), with my stars at 61. 90 losses and 140 wins (since i'm a beginner), but i did everything without using cheats or that NFSS unlocker app (which lets you unlock everything, from all cars to cash to all upgrades for all cars, aggression and precision points). now my problem is it's so difficult to achieve that 1 star to make it to 62 and unlock event 2. i was forced to use that unlocker app just to have all cars (i'm after the Gallardo, which i tried driving in quick race)..i used that gallardo to achieve good laptimes and best race times but still, that 1 star is elusive! what should i do? if i use the unlocker again to unlock all races, then it wouldn't be much of a challenge at all and the game would be boring. i would like some tips on increasing stars easily. as of now i only have 3 badges lacking and i'm at driver level20. does using the unlocker affects your star earning?:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones