• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 2.2 for AT&T not available - Darn Annoying!!

Scimajor

Lurker
I just bought my Streak on Saturday at Best Buy. I was told it had 2.2 on it but was so new to Droid that I didn't bother to check. Sure enough it has 1.6 on it!!! I called AT&T and they said "Call Dell" I called Dell and they said "We're waiting on AT&T certification of 2.2.". Sigh.

Dell told me that the only Steaks that have 2.2 on them are fully unlocked ones purchased from the Dell site.

How long does the certification process normally take? Should I expect a push notification soon or am I in for a long long wait (months and months)?

att has been making all us wait forever. i finally flash my streak with the unlocked load because i vot tired of waiting.

I just bought my Streak on Saturday at Best Buy. I was told it had 2.2 on it but was so new to Droid that I didn't bother to check. Sure enough it has 1.6 on it!!! I called AT&T and they said "Call Dell" I called Dell and they said "We're waiting on AT&T certification of 2.2.". Sigh.

Dell told me that the only Steaks that have 2.2 on them are fully unlocked ones purchased from the Dell site.

How long does the certification process normally take? Should I expect a push notification soon or am I in for a long long wait (months and months)?

Personally I think At&t will release 2.2 the day after never. I gave up on them and flashed it myself.

I went back to Best Buy today to let them know that the Steak does NOT have 2.2 on it. I was shown an internal memo which says that the push for 2.2 (even for locked phones) started on the 1st of February and that AT&T is pushing in batches to avoid network issues. Can anyone confirm that they have received the 2.2 notification on a locked AT&T phone?

I've seen no sign of AT&T releasing the update.
By now (8 days) someone would have made a comment but none so far.
So I think it is safe to say Best Buy is clue less about this.

I was a bad boy and used the qdl tool to get 2.2 for my locked Streak. It worked flawlessly and easily. When the update does come out I think I'll bounce back to 1.6 so I can get the official version of 2.2 (assuming it isn't exactly the same).

I have to say that while I like 2.2 some things are annoying! DC PC suit no longer finds my phone (this is a problem for even the unlocked phones running 2.2) so I can't sync to outlook. No worries though, I will get used to using my google account for contacts.

Also, I liked that I could easily control my wireless setting and even shut down 3g just by tapping on the upper right corner of the screen. In 2.2 it appears extremely difficult to shut down 3g. Yes, I know, if I have wifi connected it will use wifi but still, I'd like the security of knowing that I'm not eating up my data time accidentally.

The best part for me is that I can use Skype. It works flawlessly. (obviously no video but that's never been available on Androids with any version on any phone).

I placed a wireless shortcut on my screen to get to all the wireless settings without having to scroll through multiple screens ;)

Back
Top Bottom