• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid won't play music via USB

smacksy

Hi
Overall I'm really pleased with my Droid Maxx but don't know why it won't play music files via USB connected to my high end deck in my truck.. It will charge only and I have to use a 3mm cable in the headphone jack for it to play music..
Now my sister's iPhone plays music just fine using the single USB so I'm wondering why my Droid won't.. Any ideas?? Thx

I am sure that it's because your card audio system supports iOS play via USB but not Android via USB. I have to play via Bluetooth (or aux jack plugged into the headphone jack) on my card stereo.

Sorry, that was a typo. "Car" audio.

Check the specifications for your car audio system. I am willing to be that it doesn't support Android USB plug in but does support iOS USB, as my car stereo system does.

Sorry, that was a typo. "Car" audio.

Check the specifications for your car audio system. I am willing to be that it doesn't support Android USB plug in but does support iOS USB, as my car stereo system does.
OK..its a 4yr old Kenwood deck..doesn't support Bluetooth either..
Been thinking about replacing it with a newer Satellite radio deck for music anyway..Had SiriusXM in my 18 wheeler and it's great... Got a separate dedicated GPS unit set up already.. I guess I will just keep the Droid for phone calls on the road... Thx doogald [emoji41]

I had the same problem with my pioneer car stereo until I found that pioneer makes an android app that fixes this. I just downloaded the app to my android, switched it on and then my stereo was able to see my phone and play the music in my phones music folders.
Maybe your car stereo manufacturer makes one as well. It's worth researching because I have to tell you that the sound quality coming from my androidvis much better than it was with my iPhone in fact it sounds like I've installed an amplifier in my car.

Back
Top Bottom