• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dropped call and heat

has anyone experience call dropped and piercing heat on the ear?

was on a call and it dropped (cut off) 3 times in 10 mins and the ear felt a slight piercing pain and the phone is getting warm. Is not a good sign.

appreciate if anyone could advise if they encountered similar incident or is it just my phone....:eek:

No I have not heard on anyone with this issue, maybe your phone is defective or is microwaving you as you talk, LOL That is definitely weird though , I would take it to your local dealer to have them look at it before something serious could happen. With all the technology today anything is possible

Haven't had any issues like this, though to be honest I don't field too many calls (use text messaging and 3G data far more).

Overall, I've been impressed by the temperature of the X10. Seems to run significantly less-warm (though I wouldn't say "cool") than my iPAQ 910c did under similar conditions. That phone got pretty damn hot while on 10+ minute calls, and using 3G for tethering it seemed to compete thermally with my laptops exhaust port.

was on a call and it dropped (cut off) 3 times in 10 mins and the ear felt a slight piercing pain and the phone is getting warm. Is not a good sign.

appreciate if anyone could advise if they encountered similar incident or is it just my phone....:eek:

Not sure about the heat being a related issue... as it's pretty cool here still (UK) and my handset is dropping calls like flies. I'm wondering is it a software issue...

for what it's worth, i have a samsung handset at the moment, and am looking into the x10... i have definitely noticed my handset gets very hot to the ear when on a call anything longer than 3 mins.
I M H O it's got everything to do with how many bands of signal these handsets are dealing with these days, and how small an area they are cramming all the aerials into. not to mention, it's up against your ear hole.
i use my ear piece/headphones at all times now after seeing a documentary about the correlation of the increase of instances of brain tumors since the mobile phone was introduced into society.
again, IMHO, you are not imagining this heat, most phones get hot, and it's not just from processor/component heat, it's radio wave related.

also keen to know if you have resolved your call dropping issues, were they found to be soft/hardware related?...

no more dropped call n not so much of heat. issues solved by itself. didn't do anything to it. but wd prefer to use ear piece than direct to the ear due to wat u mentioned and also to avoid transferring oil from my face to the screen. ;P

so I had this issue on day 1 when I got this phone. Phone was overheating, dropped calls, phone turns off by itself, no 3G network. so I took it back in and got them to look into it. They just gave me a brand new phone :D and now everythings good!

Back
Top Bottom