• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped her one too many times, need some advice

meekrab

Android Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2009
RTP
Well, it finally happened. Screen is cracked. Freak accident, like the magic spit in Seinfeld; it seemed to jump out of my pocket onto the concrete driveway. It's happened before, but this time it landed on an inconveniently placed pebble with just enough force.

Anyway, my question is this. If I were to come across replacement glass, what would you think a reasonable price would be? Iphone glass is cheap (~20), but obviously demand has everything to do with that. What would you think a droid replacement digitizer should go for considering their unavailability?

Warranty time my friend. Supprised screen cracked, gorilla glass.

Therein lies the problem, dude. No insurance...too many previous claims so they denied me coverage.

Just to be clear, I have dropped/smashed/smacked this phone in ways that should never happen and it has held up very well. The design is ingenious, with the bezel sticking out slightly higher than the glass surface. I've dropped it face down on brick, concrete, you name it (most of that was during spring break). This was just bad luck, first point of contact was a sharp edge directly onto glass.

Anyway, I took the plunge and bought the only replacement I could find. At least I get to keep my kick ass hardware. My processor is too stable to let go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones