• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped my Huawei and won't turn back on

RevengeEffect

Lurker
Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

So I was using my Huawei Y6 Elite and it fell from around waist high onto a mat in the bathroom. There was quite a bit of water that landed on the phone as I was picking it up. I wiped the water off, removed the case and the battery, blew the battery and put it back together and it wouldn't turn on. I've tried charging it for 15 minutes then turning it on but it still wouldn't turn on. I've tried leaving it for 45 minutes then coming back, trying to turn it on and still no luck. I've also tried to boot it into recovery mode but was not successful as the phone wouldn't turn on and if it did, the screen stayed black. I've had these types of problems before (me being clumsy and dropping the phone) and was able to turn it back on by blowing on it but this time seems to be different. I was thinking that it might be a hardware problem or the screen is broken or maybe it's just a calling to get a new phone but I hope it's none of these possibilities.

Help would be greatly appreciated and any suggestions will be tried.

PS. I only found after blowing and removing the battery that it's not something you should do when dealing with a phone that is possibly water-damaged.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Update:
I asked my dad about some remedies and also told him the things that I've done in an attempt to turn on the phone. He said to blow the battery, which I already have, and so he blew it, and somehow, the phone turned back on. When it finally turned on, the phone was on an empty charge. Not really sure as to why but nonetheless, the phone is on and I'll try to keep it on for the rest of its life. Thank you all :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones