• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped wireless connectivity

Has anyone figured out how to get a Lenovo K1 to stay connected to a repeater? I have a Netgear N300 wireless gigabit router and a wireless-N access point, WN802T. Have both set to WPA/WPA2 PSK. I am about 60' from the router and get a very weak signal. the wireless access point always has a strong signal, but I'm lucky to be able to connect. Usually I have to reboot the router and the access point and it will connect. Once the tablet goes to sleep I have to start the process all over again. Sometimes I even have to uninstall the router and reinstall it. My laptop works fine on the wireless signal but not the tablet. Help.

Under Settings, Wireless & networks, there is a setting called Wi-Fi disconnect policy. I changed mine to "Never" and that improved connectivity greatly.
Prior to doing this I would completely power the K1 down, then back up to restore WIFI connections. Don't play with the Router or WAP, that's not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom