• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dual sim option

J_Hansen

just saw on vodafone webside for pre-orders that sd card slot can be used as 2nd sim if you need, haven't seen that before, wonder if it is region specific models only

""For Galaxy Note7 even the most basic internal memory is 64GB. But if your storage needs exceed that, Galaxy Note7 has expandable storage that supports a microSD card up to 256GB. If it's a second number you need, all it takes is a switch of the cards in the hybrid SIM tray. And without having to turn off your phone""

Sorry man, I should have included that I got it from the Ireland Vodafone site, I know with previous Note models that some regions got dual sims but hadn't seen anything about it with the 7

According to the official specs page at Samsung, it's rated for one SIM card plus a microSD card:

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/galaxy-note-7-features-and-specs/

In fact, a chat with a Samsung rep revealed that an attempt to use a second SIM in place of the microSD card may actually damage the phone.

The dual-SIM Note 7 going to be sold and intended for use in Asia, China, India, Singapore, Philippines, etc. like most other dual-SIM phones. A carrier version, and probably locked Samsung for Vodafone Ireland will NOT be dual-SIM, that's for sure.

Many dual-SIM phones do have a hybrid card tray, where the second position is either for SIM2 or a micro-SD. But a Vodafone Samsung will not be like that, it's one SIM only.

Last edited:
That's what I thought too, checked with the chat support crowd and they confirm that it is the dual SIM model we are getting, however those guys in India aren't the most reliable source so will check with Vodafone Ireland directly too, not that I have any need for dual SIM realy but might be handy to know for someone else

Back
Top Bottom