• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Due App Alternative

Has anyone heard of the app for iPhone called "due"? This was most likely my most used app, what is allows you to do is schedule alarms in the future for tasks etc. These are things that you would not put on the calendar (i.e. walk the dog) but you still need reminders of. The UI is amazing, simple, and elegant.

Due for iPhone & iPad: The Missing Reminder App

I can't seem to find anything like this on the android end, any suggestions?

Try Taskos it allows you to make tasks, check them off when done, set due date, reminders to call contacts (like your mom), set task categories, and set priorities. Its not exactly the same but its really handy it even has built in widgets.

You can also share tasks via SMS, E-mail, Facebook, Bluetooth, evernote, dropbox and twitter.

Tasks alerts can be - none, once, or re-occuring

I'm long user of iOS Due app, recently migrate to android and miss the app sooo much. This is so far with my research:

Try BZ reminers <- it is the closest thing I have found so far

try nag reminder (Publisher is Robin Kunz, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robinkunz.nag). Best productivity app I had for a long time and it nags you so hard :) it's impossible to forget or not seeing any notifications. Once its in nag, it gets done. I had the exact same problem. I put it into todoist, got a notification while I was doing smthelse and then forget about the task. I neeeded smth that remembered me much more often and followed up on me. Thats where nag's superpower is in my own opinion. Plus its nice and simple yet effective in my day to day use.

I was part of the beta program for nag and the features you are asking are covered perfectly. I tried countless apps by my own and nag is the perfect match for me. Might be helpful for you

I just copy paste the playstore description here (might be easier to understand the app and how it works :)):

Hi there, here are Nadine & Robin, the two co-founders of this app

The best way to know what the app is all about is to tell you directly why we developed the app and what problem we tried to solve. If you are interested in the features, just skip this section and scroll down.

PROBLEM:

We have a lot on our plate and are busy, so we forgot things once in a while. Often small things like buying or taking care of something, paying a bill, redeeming a coupon etc. But sometimes also recurring things like disposing of compost, taking pills, doing laundry etc.

What to do then? Just download an app that reminds you, right? Well, we have tested all major todo-list, productivity and reminder apps ourselves (we have about +200 productivity apps on our phones) and were not satisfied. There were generalyl two problems:

1) Firstly, that these apps only remind you once and then give up. The apps are not intrusive enough. Sometimes a reminder just comes at an inappropriate time and you forget to do this reminder at all. The app should remind me then again until I have actually done it. One or two apps had this capability, but they failed in endurance testing over several weeks so you couldn't rely on the app. So it should be persistently nagging me.

2) Second, the apps are eiter way too complicated / have multiple usecases or were too simple and very limited in their power. We need an app that is focused on a few functions but does them better than anyone else.

SOLUTION

We have been working with several people since 2019 on a prototype that takes into account the above aspects and gives you a tool at hand so you can be more productive than ever. With nag you will never forget anything!

---

To achieve the benefits described above, the app has the following features:

Persistent & Effective Reminders
Since nag uses novel and patented software to remind you of things over and over again until you do them, it's impossible to forget anything. In short, if it's in nag, you'll never forget it!

⚡ Set & Postpone Reminders in Record Time
Patented workflow & time picker with 12 preset and fully customizable times.

Most Powerful Reminders
From the simple daily & weekly reminders to the complex every-3rd-Monday-of-the-second-month kind of reminders.

Essential design
This app has more than 15 years of design experience with UI/UX and focuses on the essentials so that the app is easy to use and yet can offer the most powerful reminders on the market.

️ Works fully offline
You don't need internet to receive reminders. With other apps, notifications start coming irregularly in offline mode, unlike with us. Even if you don't have internet for 3 weeks, reminders will come as scheduled.

️ Secure & Synced
Your data is securly stored end-to-end with SHA-256 encryption at all times so we can't access your reminders and you can't lose your data. In addition, we are fully GDPR compliant.

---

Here are a few words from our users via our own Discord community:

"I really like that the app pings reminders several times so if I miss the first, it keeps going. Instead of silently sitting in the notification tray" by Snackrat

"I am loving yall app more and more. its already on my home screen next to my daily calendar (...) I love that the reminders are simultaneously REALLY easy to make short ones, AND able to make detailed ones." by Snackrat

"I absolutely love this app!" by Beast1985​

yes, nag is the best reminder app out there. used it because I switched from iOS to android and needed an alternative to due. Therefore I can recommend nag as the best due alternative.

Back
Top Bottom