• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Duh! I lost the Apps Drawer Icon

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
It's not like I have not been using a Samsung smartphone only a few seconds.... o_O

Nope, had one now for 6 years, and in that time, I have never, ever, deleted the Apps Drawer icon from the bottom command line.

But, I just got in my new Note 4 and while setting it up, somehow, I got rid of it... :rolleyes:

I have the 'Settings icon' and I browsed thru the menus there, but saw no mention of how to get the Apps Drawer icon back...

I'm on bended knee, and asking the gurus for help :eek:

That's a strange issue.

First, I would go to your application manager and check to see if you have any applications disabled that shouldn't be.

If that doesn't work, I would make sure all your photos are backed-up in google photos or on your computer, and then do a backup and factory data reset.

PS - Make sure any Reset Protection is turned off.

1st, as mentioned, it is bare bones, looks brand new, but bought it off eBay.
It has had a FDR performed because when I turned it on, the Verizon logo came up and it wanted to be registered.

But, there is no SIM in it, and it finally timed out (thank goodness) and skipped that part. Asked me if I wanted to continue via WiFi. Said yes, and off we went, logged into Google and all of the apps restored and updated, my Contacts List also is now restored... I did not expect that from Google, but hey, don't knock it.

I was trying to get Nova Prime working again and That was when the Apps Drawer icon disappeared.

.... well, another DUH moment.... I just now, while typing this, looked at the Note 4 to see if all the apps are updated.
I went to bed after my post above, I've been up all night long repairing my daughter's business laptop. (sleepy and dog tired)

I woke up the Note 4 to see how much got done while I was asleep, and it has a "new home screen" and the Apps Drawer Icon has returned :)

So, problem solved by the midnight fairies while I was asleep. Thanks for your help. :D

now a 2nd question...
If I install the SIM from my S5, does that move the Nova Prime License over to the Note 4, or is the Nova Prime license upgrade per device? ( I can understand if that is the way it is )

Nova prime is licensed by user... So if you've logged into the same Google account you can use it on multiple devices

Hi, if you go to Application Manager and touch the menu (three dots) there is an option to reset app preferences, this might do what you are looking for, if it isn't in the disabled apps list. Phil
Ignore, didn't see your previous post.

Back
Top Bottom