• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EDGE Settings

lcleon

Lurker
Hey,

So I received my cliq xt unlock code today from t-mobile and I am currently using my phone with at&t prepaid service. Anyways, I get charged $0.01 per KB used when my phone is not connected to wifi. I would like to know if there was a way where I could turn my wifi off and not get charged for the edge service? Like possibly disable my phone from using att's edge? The wifi drains my battery life. Thanks.

Hi, I'm using the cliq xt on Att as well. Were you able to set the phone to use just 2G ? I tried to set mine to just 2G but it goes back to automatic. If I insert a Tmobile sim then I can set it to whatever but never with an att sim

Does anyone know how to force the phone to use just the 2G connection ?

@Icleon:
I am not aware of any way to disable mobile network access while you have wifi turned off, however, you did mention you were on Edge (2G), and if no 3G is available to you, you could try manually selecting "3G Only" under Network Settings, Select Network. With no 3G available and no wifi enabled, this should achieve what you are looking for. Of course there would be no phone calling either!

I don't know ATT, but wouldn't a call to them requesting data service be disabled work?

Back
Top Bottom