• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email not loading

nastadon

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
I just recently started having this issue a few weeks ago. I use the default mail app for my yahoo mail, and just added my hotmail account to the list. now all of a sudden I can't load emails! They'll load and you have about 15 seconds to read the email, then all of a sudden the screen goes white and nothing is there now. I deleted the hotmail account hoping that would work, but it didn't help at all. no idea what's going on or why this started.

I have the same problem. I get an email, have about 10 seconds to read it, then the body of the email (not the header/info) goes white. Can't see the email. I have several Yahoo email addys that come into the MyTouch4G mail program where you can see all in a list, (i.e. yahoo 1, yahoo 2...yahoo 6, etc.).

Some go white when mail arrives, some don't. Then others will do it, and the others will be fine.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but every once-in-a-while I will try to reply to an email message, and it cannot be sent. Goes through some prompts that say, "Confirm you Login/server info". when you do...it goes into a loop and says, "Authentication Failed" or "Your Server is Not Responding".

This happens randomly too...and does not correspond with the previous problem.

Tmobile sent back the first MyTouch 4G I had, for the authentication problem. But the 2nd one does it too. I was told go to the Yahoo mail app on the phone, which goes through the web browser. To login to the particular account, and go into Menu> Options> About Mail> Report A Problem. It sends an email to the server (...?) and it approves the connection.

That worked for a few times...but not anymore.

Again, this happens only randomly. but it leaves you feeling Not So Confident that you are getting your emails.

Maybe these are 2 independent problems??

Any Help would be appreciated...?

Upvote 0
I hate to say "me too", but I'm a Verizon subscriber with a HTC Incredible having the same "white out" problem. Just started this week and I figured I must've done something to cause this. But apparently not. I haven't yet done more searching to see if this is a Yahoo problem or an Android problem. But I don't see it (yet) as a carrier problem. Just my .03 cents! Hope it gets resolved soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones