• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Notification Twice?

Are you using a second email app? I know standard ones on the phone are email and gmail, and some third party ones like Go or K9. I wonder if you have your email configured in a second app and each one is pinging a notification.

No, I'm not using any application unless you call Gmail an application. If I'm not mistaken the Gmail application comes on the phone. Both notifications are going to gmail. They just look differently. Am I supposed to take the Gmail off the phone because the phone has it's own version of Gmail. WTF.

Oops, I explained that poorly.:o sorry

Android comes standard with two Apps, gmail and email.

Gmail only connect to gmail accounts.

Email can connect to a variety of email services.

The gmail notificatin should look like this.
images

The email notification should look something like this:
images

Are these the notifications you see? If so, open up the email app (white envelope with a yellow letter half in) and you can remove your gmail account from there. That should get rid of the double notification.

When I pull down notifications, the 1st notification is definitely Gmail because it tries to put a picture of the contact up if there is a piciture, and has the M logo of Gmail.

The 2nd notification right under it is rather bland and just says:

New Mail
2 unread messages (gmail.com)

Back
Top Bottom