• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email: Trash

kmf

Android Enthusiast
Any way to just "empty the trash" all at once? I have to delete each message in Trash individually. What a pain!

Iowa Telecom Pop email account. There are folders: Inbox, Outbox, Trash, etc. Just wondering if there is a way to empty the deleted messages that end up in the Trash folder, other than opening the Trash folder and individually deleting each message. Thanks!

I have three email accounts set up on my Acclaim, my GMAIL account, required to do most anything useful on the phone, my AT&T account, linked to my home DSL service, and run through the Yahoo mail app, and my corporate Exchange mail account, which uses the phone's Email application. Each one of these has a method to select multiple messages for deletion.

I am assuming you are using the Email application on the phone. When I am in the message list view, there is a little checkbox on the left side of each message in the list. I can select multiple messages using that, and then select Delete using the menu key.

I hope this helps you out.

Reactions: kmf
Back
Top Bottom