• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help eMailed Pictures Upside Down

Buddyboy546

I love my Tab S2 but it has a recurring, aggravating problem. I use an email app called Blue Mail. When it sends pictures it inverts them, not always but usually. I thought it was an app glitch and notified the developer. However, I now find that the Samsung Mail App which came with the device does the same, so it must be a Samsung issue. Any suggestions, please? Is this a known issue?

It may be an Android issue. Sometimes on my Moto X4 I'll upload a photo to gchat or here at AF and it will be in a different orientation than it shows on my phone or in google photos on my computer. I usually go into the gallery, hit edit, rotate 90 degrees, rotate it back and save it. That seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the replies. I am amazed that this is a known issue yet not resolved. Many people struggle with the basics and certainly are not able to flip received pictures. It's tough to live with such an issue on my tablet, almost a deal breaker.

I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and it has the same problem. Very odd. (Just posted to the S6 forum.) I can play with pictures upside down at my end but I post pictures to sites like Trip Advisor and they end up being displayed upside down. There is no way to get them to correct it. It must be an Android system issue.

Back
Top Bottom