• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error: Coudn't Not Install on USB Card or SD Card

thahim

Android Enthusiast
I don't know it was all fine with my phone, Dell Streak 5, today iam getting this error on installing apps from Market. it says "Coudn't not install on USB Storage or SD Card"

Moved to Dell Streak Forum.

Are you sure you have your sd card seated properly? You could try taking it out and putting it back in. I'd also try reading the contents in a card reader attached to a PC if you've got one. There have been reports of dodgy sd cards recently. You might have a bad one.

Moved to Dell Streak Forum.

Are you sure you have your sd card seated properly? You could try taking it out and putting it back in. I'd also try reading the contents in a card reader attached to a PC if you've got one. There have been reports of dodgy sd cards recently. You might have a bad one.

thanks for replying, i have mounted it on mem card reader on pc, but i don't know where r those reports?

thanks for replying, i have mounted it on mem card reader on pc, but i don't know where r those reports?

The reports aren't specifically for the Streak. I've heard people complaining about mislabeled cards being sold as higher capacity cards and being of a different class than what they were sold as.

Another reason for the message would be you are out of room on the card. It's unlikely unless you filled up the card with a lot of media files.

Is it all apps or just one in particular?

The reports aren't specifically for the Streak. I've heard people complaining about mislabeled cards being sold as higher capacity cards and being of a different class than what they were sold as.

Another reason for the message would be you are out of room on the card. It's unlikely unless you filled up the card with a lot of media files.

Is it all apps or just one in particular?

I have tried 2 apps which i was able to install before and uninstall them . Angry Birds and Dogfight.. I have 14.8 GB Free on my card.

I have tried 2 apps which i was able to install before and uninstall them . Angry Birds and Dogfight.. I have 14.8 GB Free on my card.

If you copy any pictures to the sd card and then put it in your phone, can you see them in the gallery?

Have you tried restarting the device?

If you copy any pictures to the sd card and then put it in your phone, can you see them in the gallery?

Have you tried restarting the device?

Hey man i unmounted the card restarted the device and it solved my problem thanks alot for taking your time for me :)

Hey man i unmounted the card restarted the device and it solved my problem thanks alot for taking your time for me :)

No problem. Sounds like the card wasn't cleanly unmounted. Sometimes if you take it out, put it in a card reader and then unmount it properly before you put it back in the phone it will work. It's always a good idea to properly unmount the device before unplugging cables and cards.

No problem. Sounds like the card wasn't cleanly unmounted. Sometimes if you take it out, put it in a card reader and then unmount it properly before you put it back in the phone it will work. It's always a good idea to properly unmount the device before unplugging cables and cards.

Sorry to disturb you again bro :( I just noticed i can't install that app dogfight same error on it.. But i can install other apps

Sorry to disturb you again bro :( I just noticed i can't install that app dogfight same error on it.. But i can install other apps

If you were getting errors for apps that you have since been able to install and now are getting the same error for a new app, I'd have to think that the SD card is somehow faulty. You should consider replacing it.

Here are other things you could try:

Copy ALL files off the sd card using a card reader (including hidden files -- VERY IMPORTANT) and then reformat the card in the phone. Copy the files back and restart the phone.

Replace the sd card with a new one of the same or smaller size and move all the files from the old card to the new one. Then reboot the phone.

If you do either of these things and it fixes the problem then it is the sd card. If these things do not fix the problem then it may be the phone itself and is having trouble reading the cards properly.

If you were getting errors for apps that you have since been able to install and now are getting the same error for a new app, I'd have to think that the SD card is somehow faulty. You should consider replacing it.

Here are other things you could try:

Copy ALL files off the sd card using a card reader (including hidden files -- VERY IMPORTANT) and then reformat the card in the phone. Copy the files back and restart the phone.

Replace the sd card with a new one of the same or smaller size and move all the files from the old card to the new one. Then reboot the phone.

If you do either of these things and it fixes the problem then it is the sd card. If these things do not fix the problem then it may be the phone itself and is having trouble reading the cards properly.

Thanks bro.. i'll take it to the store i bought it from tomorrow morning and lets see what he has to say.

Back
Top Bottom