• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Estimated Standby Time

sphinx186

I've had my XPERIA Z for a few months now and I've got a number of issues with its standby/battery management software. Could anyone kindly help/advise on the following:

1- At first standby mode used to work, claiming to give me 4 days +, then after a while it would play up and not give me any difference from the estimated time with it turned off. The only fix I could find was to reset the Extended Standby Mode Controller under Apps, but after a few days it would play up again

2- I did several full resets, and now standby mode works, but when its switched off I am given an estimated standby time of 1 day only (used to be 2 days +), why's the estimated time perpetually falling?

3- In standby mode, Any.Do app does not sound a reminder until I wake up the phone, despite putting it in the white-list

all these little annoying bugs made me lose confidence in Sony's software quality and start to regret going against the global tide of Galaxification.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

The battery life side of things is a bit tricky. However so that we can get a good grasp of the problem, please charge the phone to 100% and run it till it is about 10% then screen shot the Battery Usage screen and post it up here.(Main menu > Settings < Power Management > Battery Usage). For the notification issue, unfortunately even though you have the app whitelisted, the notification function is not and will still not function in Stamina Mode.

Back
Top Bottom