• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evening of 7/6/2012 - No LTE Signal

NeutralNovice

Jul 29, 2011
HI all, I was wondering if anyone else is having 4GLTE signal issues with Verizon? Since about 7pm Pacific, I have completely lost my LTE signal and am unable to access the internet.

Attempted solutions:
Toggle Airplane Mode --> Fail
Restart Phone --> Fail
Soft Reset (Shut Down, Remove Battery, Replace, Power On... I think) --> Fail

My Info:
San Francisco Bay Area -- San Francisco, CA/San Mateo County
HTC Rezound running latest stock stuff
Plan: 450 Min, 1k Text, Unlimited Data

HI all, I was wondering if anyone else is having 4GLTE signal issues with Verizon? Since about 7pm Pacific, I have completely lost my LTE signal and am unable to access the internet.

Attempted solutions:
Restart Phone --> Fail

My Info:

Try reseating your sim card.
1) take out the sim card
2) wait (give a minute or so)
3) carefully put the sim card back in
4) reboot

Upvote 0
For the high price you pay, data should rarely go out.

Totally agree! To me, it seems like Verizon tends to have a lot of outages, whether it affects data, or voice, or both. I remember a few months back, LTE service for Verizon happened almost on a weekly basis nationwide. I mean it's unacceptable, really!

The sad part is... the "high price" I pay of $68/month for my plan is not even close to what the plans are today--so ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, it's probably my stupid phone. I went to my friend's house to see if his signal was working on his RAZR. It's working just fine.

I just don't fracking get how my phone will just stop working (data-wise) for seemingly no reason. Before 7pm, my phone was working perfectly fine. Didn't drop it or smash it or whatever... it just stops working.

Voice calls still work fine so it beats the hell outta me.

I was thinking throttling too but I don't see how that's possible since I only used 3.5gb with 2 days left on billing cycle. Verizon, I'm getting ready to leave you! :-(

Edit: Also, this is my 2nd Rezound because of a defective 1st one. Kind of funny because this Rezound has the same problem the last one had so I am beginning to suspect that the issue is not hardware related.

Upvote 0

Attempted solutions:
Restart Phone --> Fail

My Info:

I'm in the Bay Area as well. I've noticed that my LTE connection drops from time to time. Also using the Rezound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones