• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange native to Android and/or added by T-Mobile?

bluesk1d

I'm very happy to be a new member of what will surely be quite a popular forum!

Has anyone heard of any news about Exchange support in Android? I relly dont care if its native to Android, provided by T-Mobile, or provided by a 3rd party via the Marketplace. I am trying my hardest to delay my IT Director in purchasing iPhones for us until Android gets launched. If there is no Exchange support, that'll be a showstopper and I foresee cursing at iTunes in my near future :mad:

Can it wait until Tuesday? T-Mobile is unveiling it then, that kind of detail will probably be part of the announcement.

But seriously though... I'm as excited about Android as the next true geek, but there's no way it will be "ready for entreprise" right out the gate. Adopting it too early in business would be bad for everyone: bad for the businesses that suffer phone problems and bad for Android since that kind of problem attracts bad press.

I feel you pain about iTunes though. I do remember reading somewhere that Apple was supposed to have a way for businesses to control/distribute apps to iPhones without going through iTunes. This may have been a rumour or a broken promise or a future feature...

Good luck!

This would only likely be 2 phones for the admins (me and the director of IT) only so deploying it to execs and other non-technical types is a non-issue. Really, the only thing we need is exchange support. If it does that, it is ready for us (we'd never adopt a brand new technology on a broad scale for any other users).

Back
Top Bottom