• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Expand notifications through buttons or another easy way

I was using OnePlus 3T and I could set that holding the back button would expand notifications menu.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible in S10+ to configure the 3 navigation buttons to behave differently for holding, double clicking or a gesture?
2. Any way to expand notifications in an easy way for one hand usage in S10+?

Thanks!

It's never been built into the Samsungs I've owned by default but without owning the S10 I can't say for sure that the option isn't there. You should be able to download a button remapper from the playstore though that would change the function of buttons to be able to do that. I'm sure there's some out there that don't require root if you aren't.

i dont think you can ive gone through all the settings on the s10+ and cant find anything regarding it except for the bixby button

If you use a third party launcher like Nova you can define gestures that will work when you are on one of your desktops (e.g. I just swipe down anywhere on the screen that isn't a scrollable widget). But obviously that doesn't work when you are in other apps because then you are not in Nova ;)

There are other workarounds. For example the app "Custom Navigation Bar" can define extra buttons on your nav bar, including one to lower notifications. How well that app plays with the S10 I don't know though. You could use the Shortcutter app to add an extra menu that you enable by swiping from the side of the screen, and that can include a button to lower notifcations (2 steps though, and you may be doing other things with swiping from the side). I'm sure there are many similar apps I don't know about.

Maybe there's a button remapper out there that can remap the Bixby button to do this (I mean, nobody uses the Bixby button do they?).

Back
Top Bottom