• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Extended battery for the Avant ?

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Cannot find my other post. Sorry if this is a duplicate. Would like to get an extended battery for the Avant. Mugen does not make one.

Found the answer. MugenPower is Asia is different from Mugen in the USA. The pricey Avant battery is available from Asia.

$99.00 net at MetroPCS.
Yes but if you buy it at the MetroPCS store you have to pay another $15 for activation. If you buy it at Walmart you can activate it over the phone for free so it ends up being a few bucks cheaper that way.
If you have metropcs you actually save about 6 bucks buying it at Walmart. If you have T-Mobile you save a lot more because T-Mobile charges twice as much for the avant and you can flash the T-Mobile firmware on the MetroPCS avant and then activate it with T-Mobile without having to buy an unlock code.

Yes but if you buy it at the MetroPCS store you have to pay another $15 for activation. If you buy it at Walmart you can activate it over the phone for free so it ends up being a few bucks cheaper that way.
If you have metropcs you actually save about 6 bucks buying it at Walmart. If you have T-Mobile you save a lot more because T-Mobile charges twice as much for the avant and you can flash the T-Mobile firmware on the MetroPCS avant and then activate it with T-Mobile without having to buy an unlock code.

See your point. I heard that the activation fee is waived as a consequence of us CDMA users being "forced" to change/upgrade our phones. Plus, going to the Metro store allows the potential of the transfer of contacts and pictures.

I don't have T-Mobile.

See your point. I heard that the activation fee is waived as a consequence of us CDMA users being "forced" to change/upgrade our phones. Plus, going to the Metro store allows the potential of the transfer of contacts and pictures.

I don't have T-Mobile.
If you are putting it on a new account then they do waive the activation fee but not if you are activating it on an existing account.

You could always get it from metro online and activate it yourself when you get it and not pay the store activation.

If you are putting it on a new account then they do waive the activation fee but not if you are activating it on an existing account.

If one is forced to abandon a CDMA phone and get a new phone from MetroPCS, the $15 activation fee is waived, thus even with an existing account the fee is waived.

It's just an off topic post. Rooting may give you a slight improvement in battery life if you strip the Rom of all the pre-installed bloatware but not enough to do it for that reason alone.

I have the Mugen battery. Its boss. The reason why I like this phone and decided to buy the battery knowing the battery is as much as the phone is because I have the Samsung Gear 2 watch which only like Galaxy devices. I had an S5 and sold it. It was too much phone that I didn't fully utilize it. I looked on the metro site and saw the Avant which had good specs and wasnt memory crippled like all the LG and other phones. Also my watch works great with the phone no issues. I sadly broke my digitizer and LCD and bought the ZTE Max to upgrade laterally into an equally comparable phone. My watch didn't like the ZTE max and it just kept disconnect all the time. I wrote a script to have a auto reconnect but the watch was still crippled for the most part. Several aps did not work or update because Samsung boogered their software not to cleanly work with non samsung phones. I broke down and spent 15$ on a new screen and digitizer and went back to the Avant. Again watch works like a champ again. However still the battery life is disappoint especially since I have a business and I get alot of calls and emails a few an hour. I could literally kill a battery in 4-6 hours and I didn't want to live my life by a charger. The Mugen battery was the ticket. There were other brands like Acesoft which are ok but I had a Mugen battery in the past and it work well as advertise no BS. It double my life. Amazing stand by time. I can get 2+ days on slower days sometimes with light to moderate use. Cheaper batteries they don't give correct charge percentages. This one is dead on. None of that phone shutting down and popping back with another 30%. When its dead.. its dead. Verified with multimeter. When its charged its charged. The back case is a textured plastic but its textured and feels slightly cheap. It does obviously make the phone thicker but it feels better in the hand and in a few days it you get used to it. Full charge in 2-3 hours. I wish there were extended cases for it for an added bit of security. I cracked this screen working on the floor and someone moved a chair and the leg was on the screen and they sat on it. Otherwise I'm not the person to break screens from dropping. I wish there was a better solution for the back battery door but atleast its nice and sloped and not boxy. NFC still works great. my watch is recognized by the phone and unlocks it.. thats confirms it works fine. I can also get contact transfer via NFC... I know Im rambling at this point but it was worth it. Im not made of money. this was a business investment that paying off daily.

Back
Top Bottom