• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended batterys that fit under the stock back plate?

Shockwave78

Android Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2011
NH
Thinking of picking up the note 2 again(3rd time!)

In the short time I had the other two i really never gave it a full chance to see what the battery would do. As the weeks and months have gone by i have realized in a few different situations how much the S-Pen would benefit me in my work field so i am going to pick one up again.

Anyway..I did have an S3 before(3 of them!!) and there were extended batteries that fit under the stock cover, although not a huge increase they were i think 200-400mah increases which is better than nothing.

Are there any good quality batteries like this for the Note 2?

Thanks!

Thinking of picking up the note 2 again(3rd time!)

In the short time I had the other two i really never gave it a full chance to see what the battery would do. As the weeks and months have gone by i have realized in a few different situations how much the S-Pen would benefit me in my work field so i am going to pick one up again.

Anyway..I did have an S3 before(3 of them!!) and there were extended batteries that fit under the stock cover, although not a huge increase they were i think 200-400mah increases which is better than nothing.

Are there any good quality batteries like this for the Note 2?

Thanks!

Sounds like your a firm believer in the *3rd times a charm* scenario. :p

I would recommend the Anker batteries. You can get 2 batteries and a charger for ~$20 on Amazon. That will give you 9300 mah total. :D

Upvote 0
I'm still looking... Have 4200 mAh "Gold" with a stock OEM footprint on order from HK. Though, not holding my breath on this one, and actually putting together a hardware setup with VA meter to measure it's actual capacity (or any other extended battery I might get) once I receive it. I think Samsung really maxed out physical capacity based on battery cells you can fit into the battery of such size. So far I haven't found any extended battery without extended physical size.

Also, the problem is the extended size battery requires different battery cover and not being able to use any case or being stuck with some slim case. One option is Seidio Innocell with ACTIVE Extended case (http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-mah-active-case-extended-battery-w-pics.html), but it comes with a price for the full combo. Another option is modifying Otterbox Defender case, but that will require a lot of cutting.

You can also try one of those snap-on flip cases with external battery, but it's more of an external charger (typically at lower charge rates), or use a completely independent external battery bank like Anker Slim (not as heavy/bulky as other external chargers).

But in general, why don't you use the phone as is with it's 3100 mAh and see how it works for you. Sometime optimizing your phone (system and apps) might be a better solution to squeeze extra juice out of your battery ;)

Upvote 0
Sounds like your a firm believer in the *3rd times a charm* scenario. :p

I would recommend the Anker batteries. You can get 2 batteries and a charger for ~$20 on Amazon. That will give you 9300 mah total. :D

Or you can get upcoming Zerolemon 9300 mAh extended battery for about $40 sometimes in April :) The battery is ready to ship but they are still putting final touches to finish tpu case and also working on rugged case (for June release). The preliminary review is here: MobileTechReview Forum, News and Reviews: ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300 mAh Extended Battery Review but it was before they changed their TPU case (which was kind of loose to begin with). New case will be a lot better and shipped together with a battery.

Upvote 0
When i get my Note 2 again I will not be using a case. Ever since the iphone 5 came out i pretty much have decided not to use cases or bumpers anymore. I rarely ever drop my phone and if i do oh well, ill suck it up and get a replacement if it happens.

I feel this theory is especially true on the larger phones, I am still considering a case for my iPhone 5 but only because it is so small. I did have the note 2 a couple times already and although I don't feel it was abnormally large in anyway, if a case was added that would defiantly put it over the edge.

Thanks for the replies though!

Upvote 0
When i get my Note 2 again I will not be using a case. Ever since the iphone 5 came out i pretty much have decided not to use cases or bumpers anymore. I rarely ever drop my phone and if i do oh well, ill suck it up and get a replacement if it happens.

I was tempted to buy an extended battery before going on a recent trip, but chose to buy this: Amazon.com: [540 days warranty]Anker

Upvote 0
Or you can get upcoming Zerolemon 9300 mAh extended battery for about $40 sometimes in April :) The battery is ready to ship but they are still putting final touches to finish tpu case and also working on rugged case (for June release). The preliminary review is here: MobileTechReview Forum, News and Reviews: ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300 mAh Extended Battery Review but it was before they changed their TPU case (which was kind of loose to begin with). New case will be a lot better and shipped together with a battery.

I hope they get that battery out soon! Would love to have a battery like that on my upcoming trip to Vegas.

Upvote 0
I hope they get that battery out soon! Would love to have a battery like that on my upcoming trip to Vegas.

The last I heard it should be available in first half of April with new improved TPU case, all together for about $40. The rugged case is in work for release in June, price tbd. I think for everyday use TPU should be sufficient, but while you are handling your phone outside and due to increased weight - rugged case is a must. Seidio got it right with their Innocell battery and ACTIVE extended case, but battery is only rated at 4500 mAh (although according to my test review, I got double time with it) and its kind of pricey. For this Zerolemon 9300 mAh giant you can't mod any Defender or recycle Active Extended - it will need it's own custom case.

zerolemon1.jpg

Upvote 0
Mugen's April 1st joke with a fake post is over, move along, old "funny" news :D

Although, I do have to admit it looks funnier when someone discovers that post after April 1st ;)

Yeah, I figured it was an April fools joke that extended on a cached part of the website past 4/1...LOL. That would be a pretty epic battery though. Not worth investing $500, but still such an awesome thought if they were ever able to accomplish it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones