• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

External Bluetooth Keyboard

Aidan Bell

I'm very keen to get an external Bluetooth keyboard working with my Streak. I've already purchased and tried two different keyboards, neither of which would work. I found an app, "Bluetooth keyboard", which looks as if it might allow an external keyboard to function but which needs the device to be rooted, and at the moment I've been completely unable to root my streak so unfortunately can't use the app.
Can anyone offer any ideas or suggestions how I can get an external Bluetooth keyboard working with my Streak (O2 running 2.2)?

If you can find one (they no longer sell them direct from iGo) then the iGo Stowaway Untra-Slim Keyboard is a great buy.
I have one and it connects and works with the streak without any device drivers.

The issue I'm having with the current keyboard may be as simple as that I don't know the correct connection code! The keyboard is a Ricco KB-6114E and the instructions give no indication what the bluetooth connection code should be. I've tried "0000", "1234", "00000", "12345" "4321" and "54321". Can anyone suggest any other possibilities?

I had problems getting iGo to pair.
Ended up that when the phone prompted for the code you just needed to enter any four digits then after pressing ok I needed to enter the same code on the keyboard.

Different keyboard but might pair the same.

Nice thought, thanks. But the problem is I type in the number, wait (quite a long time) and then the connection fails. I never get as far as the chance of confirming the number a second time.

Sorry I didn't make my self clear.

After the first time of entering a number I have to type that number on the keyboard and then the pairing will succeed.

Hmmmm ... that certainly sounds like a plan! I don't have the keyboard near me at the moment but will try that as soon as possible, many thanks.

Anyone here familiar with the 'Freedom Universal" keyboard? I have one I inherited from my wife (she used it on her Blackberry). Works fine there, but I can't seem to get it working on my EVO 4G. No drivers available at the mfgr site either. :-(

OK, I'm getting very jealous reading about all you lovely people with Bluetooth keyboards that work! So I'm ready to take one more chance and buy one more keyboard. The iGo Stowaway isn't cheap, and also I'm not so keen on a foldaway keyboard, so can anyone recommend a keyboard which they are fairly certain will work with a UK Dell Streak on O2, not rooted? (when I say 'certain', of course I do appreciate that it may not work and if it doesn't I promise not to hold you responsible!!)

Back
Top Bottom