• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help F2FS Anyone???Please Help,Developers?

playdoe

Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys, i posted a post before and still haven't gotten an answer so I took it upon myslef to continue the search. If anyone is familiar with F2fs it's a new filesystem, or not new..lol but the point is that it apparently improves writing speeds. I took the liberty of contacting NABENDU1 of this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/development/script-convert-rom-to-f2fs-t2731652 and he told me that the program can be used on our phone, it just needs a few things updated on the kernel. At this point I'm stuck,so I'm asking anyone...SuperR or anyone familiar with that part to please help out. I just wan't to eb able to switch the ROM over to F2fs...and I quote what NABENDU1 said:"If u can get the kernel to support f2fs by any kernel devs for ur phone then u could easily run any rom on ur phone by just changing a few things in the updater script. Also kindly note that the latest twrp as far as I am not mistaken come with an option to convert ur filesystem to f2fs. ( but u will still kernel level support to enable f2fs on ur device)" BTW has anyone had any luck using anything besides Philz?? We already have the script...right so whats the wait?? It's a great phone and I'm saddened that we have stopped any further development.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones