• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook app notification

jangatang

Why can't i get any notifications from facebook?
I have it set so the notification refreshes every 30 mins, but that doesn't work either.. someone commented on my wall and even after 2 hours, i didn't get any notification.
is this just how the facebook application is?
if it is, are there any other (better) facebook app for droid?

thanks!

I think in order for it to work it has to be constantly running all the time. Therefore if you close it with a tsk killer or for some reason it force closes you won't get your notifications. I am not a fan of the facebook app. It's pretty useless. I usually just rely on my emails as a notification and go to facebook right through my browser. Hopefully soon there will be a better app.

I've found that sometimes i get a notification and sometimes i dont. (using the preloaded social network and the FB app) but thats not the only problem. if i use one of those apps to log onto FB, must of the time the news feed isnt up to date! wtf? so now i just check my FB through dolphin. im not a huge FB junkie so the notifications aren't that big of a deal to me. but if i use one of those widgets, i would like the page to be up to date!

The app is crappy for that. You also can't tag uploaded photos. :( I receive email notifications so I receive notifications that way.

Back