• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook app saving tons of pictures

suzuki73

Lurker
Hi, my girlfriend and I are having the same problem. She has a Droid Razr, I have a Droid x2 both through verizon. Both of us are having the problem where every one of our friends profile pictures on facebook are getting saved to our gallery. I have tried looking through all the settings and haven't seen anything that would be causing this. I have tried searching but haven't really found anything other than "how to save pictures to phone" Nothing about saving 500+ photos to my phone. I don't have facebook linked through my phone as an account just have it as an application. Thanks

Welcome to AF. It's nice to have you aboard. ツ

It's obvious that something is syncing your FB friends pics onto your device. What exactly, I'm not sure yet. Go into Settings - Accounts & sync and check to see if there is a FB account added. If so, remove account.

BTW, I've moved your thread over to its area of support for some responses.

Went into settings and applications..facebook was in there not signed in and sync contacts was not checked. I know someone else was having this issue and was able to make it stop by unchecking that box. She added facebook there for me to simply uncheck the sync box. This did nothing for the original issue. I find it weird that my gf and i are both having the same issue with two different phones but it seems like not many others are having this issue. Or dont mind having like 700 photos in their library.

Went into settings and applications..facebook was in there not signed in and sync contacts was not checked. I know someone else was having this issue and was able to make it stop by unchecking that box. She added facebook there for me to simply uncheck the sync box. This did nothing for the original issue. I find it weird that my gf and i are both having the same issue with two different phones but it seems like not many others are having this issue. Or dont mind having like 700 photos in their library.

I hate the stock gallery, it shows anything downloaded for cache purposes. Try something like QuickPic or something instead.

Back