• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook apps

uzee

I have the official facebook app on my x10. However what other facebook app are out there?

Is their any that have the widget function, where i can see if i have new message.

I hate refreshing every minute on the official facebook app.

The updated facebook official app has a widget i believe? Don't hold me to it as its soooooo big i uninstalled it. With launcherpro you have to have the paid version to get the facebook widget. With the latest app, if you dont use a task killer and keep closing it, you should get updates in status bar if you have notifications/inbox msgs

idk about live chat, for any app out there, but theres an app called Bloo which also is another FB app. havent used it in awhile, but im pretty sure it doesnt default to the browser for most actions.

Still a novice, but I am using Launcher Pro's widget. The thing that I like about it is that I set the update interval to manual so that I am not wasting my battery when I am not actually looking at the widget.

I find the Facebook app to in inconsistent and slow on the notifications. Anymore, I just use the touch mobile site and am happy with it.

As far as chat goes, there are several different IM applications on the market but you want to be careful about how much they will drain your battery. I've used eBuddy briefly and was fine with it.

yeah go!chat is good but drains battery. I also prefer using the touch site instead of the app.

What annoys me about the official FB app is that, when i click on a notification it opens in the browser, whereas i want to be able to stay in the app and reply from there.

I know this sounds a tad stupid but iv just updated my software on the htc hero and accidently put the lock pattern on which i cant remember the pattern for......its asking me for my google mail address which i also cant remember. Ne1 know wot u need to do when this happens cos i cant use my phone wotsoever :(

Back
Top Bottom