• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook contacts not syncing

i've been having the problem with the red exclamation mark and the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" message. I removed the account and logged on my friend's facebook account on my phone and it worked fine. But when i tried to log back on my account, it still came up with the same error

its so sad, that no one has bother explaining it in detail. I was as well tired and pissed off, Coming from a blackberry Me doing the work rather then letting the phone do it for me was UN HERD OFF!

Finally quit my crying and stoped lurkin for a straight answer and tried to do it myself. (in the bathroom lol i had bad food the night before so i was gonna be there for a while with my phone) and i realized that expecting a sync from the phone was useless. You just gotta do it yourself. period. ill post a youtube vid tonight and post it. It's rather easy and painless if you know what you are doing and you get facebook pics as contact pics, cell and home phones from facebook.

mine just spontaneously started working today, i'm not sure what was wrong with it before. you don't need to manualy do it. I admit i was pretty pissed off before at it, but for me, i just kept trying to resync every so often, and it just eventually worked.

Just because every time I search over the last 24 hours I stumbled on this thread.

I fixed this issue by giving Facebook's privacy settings a kick. I went to Privacy Settings>Apps and Websites>Edit Settings (Apps you use)... I deleted Samsung Mobile completely, then removed it from accounts, and re-added it through the "get friends" off the contacts page.

This re-added the Samsung Mobile to my privacy settings page, and everything was good again.

Hope this helps some other lost soul with this issue.

and re-added it through the "get friends" off the contacts page.

This re-added the Samsung Mobile to my privacy settings page, and everything was good again.

I must be missing where I can re add the app. I have it completed removed.

Just because every time I search over the last 24 hours I stumbled on this thread.

I fixed this issue by giving Facebook's privacy settings a kick. I went to Privacy Settings>Apps and Websites>Edit Settings (Apps you use)... I deleted Samsung Mobile completely, then removed it from accounts, and re-added it through the "get friends" off the contacts page.

BRILLIANT! thanks mate.
guys this deal finally works, i use samsung galaxy i9000 . removing account, restarting, removing app.. nothing worked for me. . then i just removed samsung mobile from fb apps and deleted the account and did the get friends thing .. and now i have it fixed!

I have had the Samsung Captivate for about 6 months, and overall I'm happy with it, but all of a sudden my Facebook Calendar won't sync with my phone. The contacts are still there, but the calendar gives me a message saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". But, it's been saying that for days. I tried to delete my facebook account from my phone, and re-link it, and it still doesn't work. Help.

When I first got my Evo in April, I had no issues with syncing my facebook with it, now, my friends streams hasn't and won't update. The last time was May 16th and I haven't been able to sync the facebook to my contact list at all. Is there a bug or something? It seems like I've had nothing but issues with my android ever since I traded in my iphone4 for it. It shuts off and on all by itself (the sprint guy said it must have been something I downloaded yet the only thing on it was what was on it when I bought it), the screen freezes up making it to where I can't answer calls and sometimes my phone won't even ring, it just goes straight to voicemail. Any ideas anyone? lol

Back