• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset does not work

Hello guys.

I have a locked HTC desire 610 (Three) that I bought in 2014. Everything was fine till the last week. I was cleaning my phone, deleting cache and data (things that I use to do). Well, after that, it started to update some apps (the internal storage was almost full) and restarted then.

I thought it was normal...rebooting just to finish the whole thing. The issues is that after that it just doesn't stoping rebooting. And I sincerely don't know what happened. I tried the recovery and factory reset options on the bootloader screen, but they don't work as well (when they finish, my phone has no changes at all) I believe the original recovery file is corrupted.

Next step was trying to install the RUU by my Windows. But once the procedure restarts the phone, the cycle of rebooting starts all over again. The only thing I can imagine to do is to install by sd card, but I can't find the correct RUU (there is no support for this device anymore :( ). Does anyone have a clue about what can be happening to my phone? Could it be battery? Any possible solutions would be very welcome too

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones