• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset Not Working (S-on)

bl57108

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
I did allot of android stuff in JesusFreak & haykuro days but this has me stumped. I purchased a phone from craigslist that was not working (no way of knowing how phone was rooted/jacked up). The phone appears to be rooted the Glacier PVT S-off is the give away. The factory recovery is still working and accessable. I have done a factory reset from H-boot and the phone goes to a loading/working screen with a phone on it. The phone restarts 3 times and then just sits on the T-mobile screen. I also did a reset from recovery, cache first then system. Still not past the T-mobile screen. I tryed to install the PD15IMG.zip and it installs fine then it gets to userdata and the loading bar unzips then goes to updating and the top loading bar dissapears and freezes forever. This link is kinda close to what I am having issues with but I am lost. Thanks ahead of time, sry my android knowledge is kinda old school (but I love reading forums lol).

Strange Bootloop problems!!! - xda-developers

I do get an error when in recovery when Formatting (damaged stock recovery? H-boot? Hardware?). When
Formatting DATA no error.
Formatting CACHE
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount DATA:data/recovery/log
E:set_bootloader_message: emmc_read_data fail!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones