• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fair well

arparaspolo

Android Enthusiast
This is my good bye. On it's way is a shiny new used GS3. Verizon switched me over to it(with my permission) for a warranty replacement for my MAXX. I hope I made a good choice. I have only ever had MOTO phones and thought it is time to test the waters. Maybe I will be back or maybe I will never look back. Either way I am thankful for all of the cool people here in this section. I have learned a lot. I hope to have the same experience over on the other side where I hope the grass really is greener lol.

Has anyone here had any experience with the GS3? Can you tell me your opinions on it?

Good luck. As for the GS3 I have a few friends with that phone they seem to like it no major issues, well except it's nowhere near motos build quality and great radios. I will hang on to my rooted razr for a while longer. Still hoping for a Motorola nexus device in the future! *crossesfingers*. According to Google however that is at least 6 months away at best. I am willing to bet one will eventually come along. :D

Congrats!!

Advantage to the GS3 is that you'll be (likely) getting a LOT more updates then us Razr folk will be getting. You'll either LOVE or HATE the screen (specifically the saturation of colors). You'll be happy with the GS3's camera too.

Overall, I think it's a nice phone but my PERSONAL opinion is that I prefer the build MATERIALS of the Razr to the GS3.

I can agree with the sentiments mentioned above. That is, my last 2 phones were both Samsungs and while I mostly liked them, I couldn't get one with a decent GPS radio to save my life. The cellular radios on Moto's also are significantly better (including with my "playtime" with a GS3).

That being said, perhaps geographical location may play a part in that and it may be perfect for you!

Either way, after going to a big screen like the GS3 you'll have a VERY difficult time going back to a "tiny" screen that most phones have (that .5 inches seems like a mile).

Congrats again and let us know how you like it! :)

Thank you all for your replies :) This is what I will miss most. I do love the MAXX, I just feel like it is time to try something else. They switched this without me having to use my upgrade(which is available) So later down the road, I will either go with the GS4 or whatever new MOTO device there is at that time. I will let you know how I like the GS3.
Thank you all for the support.

Back
Top Bottom