• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fake diplomas and Transcripts for sale.

Ugh, just blasted about 50 more spam posts in the past 4 minutes

So all the forum has to do is to automatically stop or block rapid fire multiple posting, especially from new("lurker") members. At least that will stop the deluge I see on AF most mornings and afternoons. I report it when I see it, but then I just go do something else because the forum is unusable and can't see new genuine posts or replies or anything, until a mod clears it

About blocking Chinese, there has been similar spam in other languages, like Korean, Hindi, Arabic, and English as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I acknowledged that:
"I understand that filters could be difficult to write, because you don't want legitimate posts flagged/zapped..."

But the specific posts I referred to should lend themselves to some automated handling. They're long-ish posts, all in Chinese save for one or two English words; that pattern should be filterable, as should the actual content of the posts. I believe @mikedt could help with the latter. (Hey, Mike, hope you don't mind me volunteering you! :))

I'm not looking to incite a riot or anything here, so if you guys don't think it's feasible, or whatever, that's cool. :cool: :D

AFAICT the spam fake diploma and transcript posts are in Simplified Chinese using Guobiao (GB) encoding. If that can be detected and blocked or not by forum software, I don't know. But then there are the Indian and Korean forum spammers as well.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones