• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fan of older devices, can I implement to new?

lectraplayer

What are the laws and T*Mobile's policies on using parts of the interface of of phones I've had (like the SK4G) with my newer devices? As I can just copy some things (like the sounds) to my SD card, what is the legal requirements for just my new device? Is it as simple as "just having" the new device and keeping them to myself?

Here is a support article from T-Mobile which states regarding ringtones:

You can set your own music or sound files as ringtones, notification alerts, or alarms. You can also customize the ringer or alerts with music or sounds saved on your phone from applications you download.

I can't speak to the legality, but they seem OK with you using other sounds then what comes with the phone.

I understand what that article says, but I'm wanting to know about the legality of, say, pulling the sounds from my SK4G and using some on my newer devices.

They wouldn't know that you're using the sound files and as long as it's only for your personal use probably wouldn't care anyway. Now, if you were to say, write an app using those sounds and put it in the Play Store that would be a much different thing.

Back
Top Bottom