• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"file_contexts" What is it?

ndex477

Here's my situation, I use a Linux distro on a daily basis and i have a Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet. My Sero 7 won't mount in Linux as it's MTP(Have yet to find a way to mount it) so i mount the tab using Windows 7.

Today i noticed that there is a file in my download folder named "file_contexts". Here is what part of it looks like:

#line 1 "external/sepolicy/file_contexts" ########################################### # Root / u:object_r:rootfs:s0 # Data files /adb_keys u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /default.prop u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /fstab\..* u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /init\..* u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /res(/.*)? u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /ueventd\..* u:object_r:rootfs:s0 # Executables /charger u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /init u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /sbin(/.*)? u:object_r:rootfs:s0 # Empty directories /lost\+found u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /proc u:object_r:rootfs:s0 # SELinux policy files /file_contexts u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /property_contexts u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /seapp_contexts u:object_r:rootfs:s0 /sepolicy u:object_r:rootfs:s0 ########################## # Devices # /dev(/.*)? u:object_r:device:s0 /dev/akm8973.* u:object_r:akm_device:s0 /dev/accelerometer u:object_r:accelerometer_device:s0 /dev/alarm u:object_r:alarm_device:s0 /dev/android_adb.* u:object_r:adb_device:s0 /dev/ashmem u:object_r:ashmem_device:s0 /dev/audio.* u:object_r:audio_device:s0 /dev/binder u:object_r:binder_device:s0 /dev/block(/.*)? u:object_r:block_device:s0
Where could this file have come from? I use a USB hub for multiple devices but i don't think that caused it. The file even contains info about my GPS magnetic sensor(in bold). Any response is greatly appreciated.

Thought i would try out a new antivirus app so I decided to go with Sophos on the Play Store. It has an app called SophosGuard you can install to keep the app from being stopped(i understand this), but when the first scan completed i noticed an app called FTModeApp 1.0.0 was listed as clean. I have never installed this app. Did a little research on FTModeApp and found that it has an unknown developer and there is very little information about the app.

Can someone please let me know something about FTModeApp and what it is used for.

I merged your 2 threads together, both questions can be answered in one thread.

Trying to keep the forum organized. ;)

I've moved this to the Sero 7 Pro board so fellow owners will be more likely to see it.

But I'd like to suggest that you post on the Computers & IT board, too. We have many Linux users--myself included--and we may be able to brainstorm and figure out why you're unable to mount your phone. For me, with all of my computers (all of which only run Linux), and all of the smartphones I've had, I just plugged the phone in via USB and that was that, it's always just been recognized. I assumed that's how it was for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom