• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Files disappearing

MagnumSkyWolf

Lurker
Sep 13, 2022
So lately I've noticed my music files disappearing from my phone. I use an app called poweramp and you have a most recently added section for when I put new music on our phone. The most recent one to go missing is music that I created it just disappeared. The file doesn't exist anywhere on the phone.

Not only that I went to search for a song (not one of mine) that I always listen to and all of a sudden that song didn't exist on my phone. I know 100% now that at least 5 songs are missing two of them are my own.

I own an S22 Ultra with no ROM installed or anything like that. Not sure whats causing it or what to do.

Keep in mind that you need to go into settings and specify which folders hold your music.
Also make sure that your music library is being refreshed which may also be the culprit.
Are you storing them internally or on an external SD card for storage?

I always put my music into my music folder also I should have mentioned the songs are there for a couple of days or weeks and disappear. One of the songs has been on my phone for at least a year and now it doesn't exist now. The S22 doesn't have an sd card slot so only an internal storage

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Well this is puzzler. When you're running into this problem where random audio files are mysteriously disappearing, are you referring to what you're experiencing just using the PowerAmp app? Or are you also confirming those song file themselves are actually gone using a file manager app?
Trying to determine if there problem is with PowerAmp (i.e. some kind of quirk that popped up in its auto-indexing of detected music files) or if the problem is with your S22 Ultra.
Samsung devices include their own basic file manager app, 'My Files'. If you use that to view the contents of your Music folder, are those files still there or missing?

Upvote 0
Well this is puzzler. When you're running into this problem where random audio files are mysteriously disappearing, are you referring to what you're experiencing just using the PowerAmp app? Or are you also confirming those song file themselves are actually gone using a file manager app?
Trying to determine if there problem is with PowerAmp (i.e. some kind of quirk that popped up in its auto-indexing of detected music files) or if the problem is with your S22 Ultra.
Samsung devices include their own basic file manager app, 'My Files'. If you use that to view the contents of your Music folder, are those files still there or missing?

Oh, you can't find it anywhere on the phone. Even when I go into My Files and look it's they are there. I've also copied them back on the phone and it doesn't say the file already exists. All my music goes into one folder only the music folder so I really don't know whats going on

Upvote 0
Have you reached out to Samsung? It's possible that your phone's memory module has a manufacturer defect. The error that the file already exists may be the filename in the directory (which is in another part of the module). Just a SWAG but you may want to let Sammy know about it

Is there a way to test if its failing? Also no I haven't contacted Samsung

Upvote 0
I would have no idea how you would test this, unless you had a file you knew would disappear and a control file you know would not. The only thing I can think of is to run a memory diagnostic test on it... but that may brick the phone by overwriting the operating system. If it's under warranty, you may want to back up your data and talk with Samsung. Usually their first solution is a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones