• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help find my phone

• Thread starter Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date Start date
A

Android Question

I originally bought this phone (Samsung s5) back last year sometime in august, a few days before thanksgiving (25th nov.) this phone was stolen and I immediately did the alert and search but never found it. I went and got a new s5 from t-mobile and was backing up using lookout and my Google account well when I got back from thanksgiving Someone returned the old phone I'm now using and I continued using the new one I had just purchased. well in feb. of this year (around feb. 20th )my new phone was stolen and all pictures memos and messages were lost from the new phone. I have tried to sync using Google and Samsung but it never retrieves the stuff I had on there, is there ANYWAY the lookout app or any app known can either help me find that phone (I can supply the ein #) or help me retrieve my memos pics and messages from that phone? please in desperate need of help!!!

If you already have security software on the phone and it hasn't been factory reset (or just switched off) then you can do whatever it allows you to do. If it's not there already you could push it to the phone but you can't activate it and set it up (remotely things like Plan B don't work any more), so it needs to be set up before the phone is lost/stolen.

If you have Google's Android Device Manager enabled that may let you track the phone, or even wipe it remotely if that option is enabled. It's easy enough to disable though.

Unless the data are synced with some cloud store there's no way I know of retrieving them remotely - it would be a huge security hole if there were.

Back
Top Bottom