• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FireStick UK and US apps

Hey,
Does anyone know if of a tutorial on how to install UK and US apps on the same firestick? I'm in the US and want to install iplayer, ITV hub, and what not. I have a smart DNS running on a merlin router which is capable of routing the traffic accordingly. I also have a valid UK amazon account, so I can download the UK apps, but when I re-register the firestick to install the US apps, it greys out iplayer and gives the message "you do not own this app."
Thanks ppl

I'm familiar android TV, so I without reading up, I'm assuming u mean to side load them on with ES. That was my first idea, but I couldn't find the apks.

Hi, Can anyone help me with this...I couldn't find iplayer, ITV, All4, or any UK apk's online, so I logged into my UK firestick and ripped the apks using adb. After I sideloaded them onto the USA region firestick, I still got the same region error.

Does anyone know where to download the apk's, or how to remove the region locks?

Hi, Can anyone help me with this...I couldn't find iplayer, ITV, All4, or any UK apk's online, so I logged into my UK firestick and ripped the apks using adb. After I sideloaded them onto the USA region firestick, I still got the same region error.

Does anyone know where to download the apk's, or how to remove the region locks?

Do you actually have an IP address in the UK, like provided by a full VPN service?

In your OP, you stated something about smart DNS running on your router. I don't know what that is. DNS itself is only about how and where Internet URLs are looked up.

Basically to view BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, etc. your device must appear like it's in the UK, with a UK IP address. Which basically means you need a VPN with server in the UK. I use a VPN myself, and I can view these services in China.

You can check your IP address here...
https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom