• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

firmware update (uk)

yep just had this update on unbranded Vodafone baseband version is now i9300XXLH1 on android version 4.0.4

Got it OTA this morning. Only difference I've noticed so far is that the stock browser replaced Dolphin as my default, and i had to fiddle around a bit to change it back.

I also got mine OTA this morning. Two changes I have noticed whilst playing with the phone since
1. Brightness is now adjustable in the drop down notifications menu
2. You are now able to mute or switch the phone to vibrate with a long press of the power button, the options are at the bottom of the screen that opens.

I am using a factory unlocked SIII supplied by Vodafone.

Both of these may be very simple changes, but I find them very useful.

I also got mine OTA this morning. Two changes I have noticed whilst playing with the phone since
1. Brightness is now adjustable in the drop down notifications menu
2. You are now able to mute or switch the phone to vibrate with a long press of the power button, the options are at the bottom of the screen that opens.

I am using a factory unlocked SIII supplied by Vodafone.

Both of these may be very simple changes, but I find them very useful.

sure that those changes were in a previous build. Not found anything new in this current update though being only 1.7MB, don't suppose too much has changed. Probably just a stability fix.

Just downloaded it after checking here, any info on what it's supposed to add/fix/patch/remove?

At work & most sites are blocked otherwise I'd check.

I already had the settings button & vibrate/mute button in the drop down notification screen, my update was also approx 26mb.

sure that those changes were in a previous build. Not found anything new in this current update though being only 1.7MB, don't suppose too much has changed. Probably just a stability fix.

Looks like we have all received slightly different updates, mine was 96mb. This is also the only update I have received since I got the phone. I guess I have had it about 8 weeks.
Have to say, being an IPhone convert, I am loving Android and the things you can do with it. Still have plenty to learn.

I have the 96mb update too and my phone is now dropping calls like nothing else and refusing to connect again. Grrrr.

All I know is that it was fine before the update. Might be coincidence but there it is.

Sorry, not comenting on your post. The one before you. The update they are mentioning is 1MB. Yours must be something else at 96MB. Perhaps you could clarify your build number?

Ah its a baseband to fix another drain issue in LG8 that I didnt klnow I had, although explains 2 days worth of bad battery that I had.... Not teh Cell STANDBY issue, which is what I thought it ws refering to.

OK goodo.

Back
Top Bottom