• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Impression

Took a quick look at Turbo 2 at VZ store this morning. Very nice feel and size seems ok. Display is nice - I did not notice any of the things some reviewers are commenting on. VZ rep blamed Motorola for device not having 6.0. For me, with cost of this device vs Moto X Pure or Nexus 6P, it is a non starter.

Took a quick look at Turbo 2 at VZ store this morning. Very nice feel and size seems ok. Display is nice - I did not notice any of the things some reviewers are commenting on. VZ rep blamed Motorola for device not having 6.0. For me, with cost of this device vs Moto X Pure or Nexus 6P, it is a non starter.

I got mine yesterday. So far I like it, but that is to be expected as I was moving up from a 1st generation Droid Maxx. This one is much quicker, and has a clean look and feel about it. The battery looks to be good so far; my Maxx was ridiculous (in a good way) with the amount of time the battery would last with my light-moderate use. This one is seems to drain *slightly* quicker, but not enough to make a difference to me. The 25w turbo charger is insanely fast. I charged it last night from 50% to about 80% in like 8-10 minutes.

The real selling point to me is the shatter-proof screen. I don't like to use the word "proof" because I'm the kind of guy that sees that as a challenge, but I do work in an industrial setting so every little bit of protection counts. I don't intend on testing just how shatter proof it is; I'll take their word on it. The only other phone I looked at was the new Samsung Edge, but that thing had "Break Me!" written all over it.. lol

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how the deal ended up. I updated my plan to better suit my usage and ended up with the Turbo II and a tablet. My phone bill stays the same, I have 2 devices now to play around with, and I even kept my old Maxx as a spare incase I need it. I could have gotten a 200 dollar credit for it, but I wanted a backup (or at least until my wife decides to confiscate it for a trade in for her upgrade.. lol)...

I got mine yesterday. So far I like it, but that is to be expected as I was moving up from a 1st generation Droid Maxx. This one is much quicker, and has a clean look and feel about it. The battery looks to be good so far; my Maxx was ridiculous (in a good way) with the amount of time the battery would last with my light-moderate use. This one is seems to drain *slightly* quicker, but not enough to make a difference to me. The 25w turbo charger is insanely fast. I charged it last night from 50% to about 80% in like 8-10 minutes.

The real selling point to me is the shatter-proof screen. I don't like to use the word "proof" because I'm the kind of guy that sees that as a challenge, but I do work in an industrial setting so every little bit of protection counts. I don't intend on testing just how shatter proof it is; I'll take their word on it. The only other phone I looked at was the new Samsung Edge, but that thing had "Break Me!" written all over it.. lol

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how the deal ended up. I updated my plan to better suit my usage and ended up with the Turbo II and a tablet. My phone bill stays the same, I have 2 devices now to play around with, and I even kept my old Maxx as a spare incase I need it. I could have gotten a 200 dollar credit for it, but I wanted a backup (or at least until my wife decides to confiscate it for a trade in for her upgrade.. lol)...

Well, I just got the Turbo when it came last year so I don't feel like I'm really entitled to upgrade so soon. Hahaha. Especially since there are no major difference. I will tell you honestly, this new design your own is just AWESOME!! I usually don't care one bit about style, only function, but I was spinning the selector wheel and suddenly felt like a spoiled little brat in a toy store! Great marketing Moto!! :p

Display is nice - I did not notice any of the things some reviewers are commenting on.

I thought the display was nice. It seemed to have more accurate colors than my T1, which I consider to have saturated colors. The T2 was not vibrant like the T1, it just looks good.

28 hours with it so far and I'm very happy. I'm coming from the Maxx so there was a lot of room for improvement. I have been using it VERY hard, screen on almost the whole day, when it was off I was streaming Pandora while doing yard work. I have noticed it does heat up a bit with heavy use. No where near needing to put it down because it's too hot, but you definitely feel the warmth. Battery has been OK. I'll get through the day without needing a charge but just barely. I'm at 13% now I took it off the charger 14 hours ago. Pandora used 18% and the screen 9%. Not bad in my opinion. I'm sure under normal uses I'll get a full day (or maybe 2) with out looking for a charger.

Back
Top Bottom