• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First impressions!

I can't believe people think the 2nd screen is useless. Just having phone calls come in up there is worth the extra physical size. Being able to multitask with ease is another streamline I like. My main complaint with the note 5 was all the extra steps.
The annoyance of the note 5 and everything it is missing isn't worth it.

Upvote 0
I can't believe people think the 2nd screen is useless. Just having phone calls come in up there is worth the extra physical size.

My sentiments exactly. I used to hate phone call and messaging notifications popping up and blocking my Google Maps while I was driving. With the second screen, I still get the notice, but I don't lose my map!

Upvote 0
No more of this....

waiting-for-phone-to-stop-ringing.png

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I went back to the Edge Plus, and ate the $50 restocking fee.

I'm so glad and relieved! I'm never straying from Samsung again!!!

I'll just wait til the S7 comes out, or the Note 6.

As far as the sd card problem (the battery issue isn't that big a deal, since the fast-charging is so quick), I just picked up an OTG device from Amazon, which I can deal with.

Upvote 0
I went back to the Edge Plus, and ate the $50 restocking fee.

I'm so glad and relieved!

As far as the sd card problem (the battery issue isn't that big a deal, since the fast-charging is so quick), I just picked up an OTG device from Amazon, which I can deal with.

I don't blame ya:
Since the 2nd screen wasn't a feature you cared for,I can understand going back to the S6 Edge+.
The AMOLED/curves/snappy responsiveness are big draws.

I like a lot of that which I left behind on the Note5,a shame that ya need to choose,but,the 2nd screen for me is the deal sealer,I use it quite a bit.
I miss the AMOLED more than the S-Pen,but,the V10 display is OK with me,no slouch by any means.
Not gonna deny there' some light bleed from the 2nd display on mine,but,it's only noticeable (on my particular device,YMMV) when I least care,turning off the main screen & only then for about 3 seconds,then the light bleed disappears.

Reactions: HanSolo
Upvote 0
it's only noticeable (on my particular device,YMMV) when I least care,turning off the main screen & only then for about 3 seconds,then the light bleed disappears.

I did notice the same thing. I wish I wasn't so picky! I'm glad Samsung has the cure, lol.

I really do hope that the S7 variants go back to SD card slot. I'm not optimistic about it, but at least I have a workaround.

I'm glad you love your V10. That's what's so awesome about Android; there's something for almost everyone!

Upvote 0
...I really do hope that the S7 variants go back to SD card slot. I'm not optimistic about it, but at least I have a workaround.
At some point in the future, perhaps phones will have so much internal memory that an SD card would be irrelevant. Until then, I'm really glad to have the v10 SD card slot. Cloud storage is pretty useless when you're offline.

Upvote 0
So far so good. Phone arrived late yesterday, and I really didn't start tinkering until today. It feels fantastic in hand and looks so much slimmer than I expected it to look. I had only seen one in person at the T-Mobile store, and it had the security device & wire attached to the back. So, I was pretty concerned the thickness would be awful. Everything is working w/o a problem so far, though I haven't had a chance to try out the Bluetooth yet.

I'm impressed w/ battery life so far too. I've had screen on time of over 5 hours while I set the phone up, transferred files from my prior phone and my laptop, put together a Nova launcher look that I like for the time being, etc and I still had around 50% battery left.

EDIT: 2nd day of usage. I finally got around to trying Bluetooth. I used it with a wireless speaker I have for music at home. It worked perfectly. I have a small house & the speaker is roughly in the center of it, but I went into several rooms with a furthest distance of maybe +/- 30ft...some with walls between and it did not lose the signal.

Also as a battery follow-up. Today was a low usage day (about 45 minutes of onscreen time), but currently it is at 8.5 hrs of battery usage, & I still have 83% of battery remaining (This is w/ GPS, NFC, WiFi & Bluetooth turned on.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone show what a gmail notification looks like on the second screen? I use lightflow on my G2 and love knowing what all the different color notifications mean. Going to be hard to stray from that although I love my G2.
Dunno if anyone will be able to 'show' you, but I can tell you roughly. The notification pops up in the 2nd screen. It'll have the name of the sender & the subject line in it. Pretty much what you would expect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones