• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fixed My Battery Life Problem with "Go Power" app

mjdee14

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
I have been fighting battery life since I got this phone, I can understand when I'm a heavy user but I can drop 10% in an hr wih no use. I have trie several battery saver program and apps that track what is using the power but nothing helped. I finally found that in airplane mode the power stayed steady, meaning it wasn't an app causing the drain, but the phone's radios. I tried a few wi-fi toggle apps but they didn't help. I stumbled accross the app called "Go Power" and it performed a "MIRACLE" !!! I have it set up to shut down the wi-fi and data when the screen is off. It has improved the performance a "Trillion" % had to charge 2 -3 times a day. Took off charger last night at 7pm and at 7am still had 99% !!! I was flabergasted and thought the battery gauge was broke, it wasn't. I'm at 21 hrs off charge and I am at 67% !! NEVER since I have owned this phone have I gotten such good bat life.

I now am back in love with my Epic/Galaxy. This may not work for everyone but I'm hoping this isn't a dream cause I'm Lovin it !!

I have been fighting battery life since I got this phone, I can understand when I'm a heavy user but I can drop 10% in an hr wih no use. I have trie several battery saver program and apps that track what is using the power but nothing helped. I finally found that in airplane mode the power stayed steady, meaning it wasn't an app causing the drain, but the phone's radios. I tried a few wi-fi toggle apps but they didn't help. I stumbled accross the app called "Go Power" and it performed a "MIRACLE" !!! I have it set up to shut down the wi-fi and data when the screen is off. It has improved the performance a "Trillion" % had to charge 2 -3 times a day. Took off charger last night at 7pm and at 7am still had 99% !!! I was flabergasted and thought the battery gauge was broke, it wasn't. I'm at 21 hrs off charge and I am at 67% !! NEVER since I have owned this phone have I gotten such good bat life.

I now am back in love with my Epic/Galaxy. This may not work for everyone but I'm hoping this isn't a dream cause I'm Lovin it !!
I can not seem to find this app Go Power in my google shop. Is there another name for it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones