• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing recovery locks my bootloader. Help!!!!

Gouled

Lurker
Aug 24, 2015
Ok let me start from the beginning. My nexus 5 i had since release is now in a boot loop. Its stuck at the flying colour dots. So i flashed the stock recovery. I installed all the drivers and used the adb and fastboot tools. I unlocked my bootloader in the cmd right before flashing but something went wrong. There were multiple errors when flashing the image.
Error 1: When flashing the bootloader it says "FAILED <remote: flash write failure>
Error 2: When rebooting the bootloader it LOCKS the bootloader and says "not supported in a locked device"
Error 3: when flashing the boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, Etc... It says " archive does not contain Boot.sig, recovery.sig , vendor.sig and system.sig"
(And yes it did say .sig that was NOT a typo)

Why would it lock my bootloader and later say it does not support a locked bootloader.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones