• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing Screen

coronetrt

Lurker
Hi,

Ever since updating to 4.4, when I open apps the screen flashes two or three times. It is intermittent and doesn't always occur when opening the same apps. I don't want to do an FDR. Anyone else getting this issue.

Ive been having the same issue. And since I dont want to upgrade to 4.4.4 until i see what Dan R has come up with for our bootloaders. So for now, I'll just deal with it unless I discoiver its an easy fix.

You're not the only one having this problem, which is a relief to me, and hopefully to you as well.

Hi,

Ever since updating to 4.4, when I open apps the screen flashes two or three times. It is intermittent and doesn't always occur when opening the same apps. I don't want to do an FDR. Anyone else getting this issue.

Finally someone else experiencing this problem. I have had this problem for awhile now, even before 4.4.4 I have Wiped Cache Partition and also a FDR. With the initial visit to Verizon, they wanted to do a FDR and I refused to do so at that time.. Well the flashing started getting worse, so I broke down and did a FDR and turns out the problem is still there. I have run in Safe Mode with the problem continuing. I have found that a couple seconds before my screen times out (set at 30 sec.) it flickers really bad but only the bottom half of the screen. I have to turn off Active Display every night at bed time so I don't get that flash of light from the screen keeping me awake. After a night on the charger I have a red or pinkish hue on the bottom half of the screen when the brightness is set to Auto..As soon as I turn off Auto brightness the red-pink hue is gone. Sorry for rambling but maybe this will shed some light on the matter.

I'd be doing a warranty replacement if that were me. Unfortunately for me, I bought mine on Aug 20 last year, so I think my warranty is done. If you bought after launch day, I'd just take the warranty refurb replacement dice roll.

The diming seems to be in two steps. (Setting the time to 15s and running through it for a few times shows it off. First it dims about half way, pauses, and then dims the rest of the way. From your description it seems to be a problem with the first.

Active Display has a night option (my 4.4.4 does) that you activate and you can set the time range.

You did a Factory Data Reset and the problem is still there. It seems like hardware to me and you need to get a replacement.

If it is out of warranty ... is it covered by an insurance policy?

Good luck with it.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom