• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
contacts through lookout will work fine but its easier to just sync them with your google account, this way when you sign in theyll automatically get put into your phone. you dont have to worry about pix because those are on your sd card. stuff on your sd card wont get erased.
for apps just go into market and look for a backup app. i use titanium backup. if you use astro file explorer i know that has a backup tool built in also.

Upvote 0
contacts through lookout will work fine but its easier to just sync them with your google account, this way when you sign in theyll automatically get put into your phone. you dont have to worry about pix because those are on your sd card. stuff on your sd card wont get erased.
for apps just go into market and look for a backup app. i use titanium backup. if you use astro file explorer i know that has a backup tool built in also.

ok i downloaded titanium backup and it says 'sorry i could not acquire root privilelges. this application will not work!"

Upvote 0
i thought there was a non root version if i remember correctly? but maybe not.
just search for "app backup" and look at the ratings and comments, they should all work the same for the most part.
also, if i were u id wait a couple of days before rooting. because the 2.2 update is suppoe to be released tomorrow.

Haha ok i guess ill just wait!
but thanks for helping me, this is the first time ive ever thought about rooting and i didnt want to mess anything up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones