• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing

by flashing i assume u mean rooting?
hm well if u root your phone youre able to install custom themes,mods, and ports such as froyo.
also, u can delete stock apps and use root specific apps such as wifi tether.

by flashing i assume u mean rooting?
hm well if u root your phone youre able to install custom themes,mods, and ports such as froyo.
also, u can delete stock apps and use root specific apps such as wifi tether.

when you root your phone do you keep your apps or do you need to download all of them again.

rooting will completely delete everything on your phone.
so if u do root than u can just backup your apps to your sd n reinstall after rooting.

rooting will completely delete everything on your phone.
so if u do root than u can just backup your apps to your sd n reinstall after rooting.

This might sound really dumb...... but how do u backup my apps i have my contacts and pictures backed up through lookout

contacts through lookout will work fine but its easier to just sync them with your google account, this way when you sign in theyll automatically get put into your phone. you dont have to worry about pix because those are on your sd card. stuff on your sd card wont get erased.
for apps just go into market and look for a backup app. i use titanium backup. if you use astro file explorer i know that has a backup tool built in also.

contacts through lookout will work fine but its easier to just sync them with your google account, this way when you sign in theyll automatically get put into your phone. you dont have to worry about pix because those are on your sd card. stuff on your sd card wont get erased.
for apps just go into market and look for a backup app. i use titanium backup. if you use astro file explorer i know that has a backup tool built in also.

ok i downloaded titanium backup and it says 'sorry i could not acquire root privilelges. this application will not work!"

i thought there was a non root version if i remember correctly? but maybe not.
just search for "app backup" and look at the ratings and comments, they should all work the same for the most part.
also, if i were u id wait a couple of days before rooting. because the 2.2 update is suppoe to be released tomorrow.

i thought there was a non root version if i remember correctly? but maybe not.
just search for "app backup" and look at the ratings and comments, they should all work the same for the most part.
also, if i were u id wait a couple of days before rooting. because the 2.2 update is suppoe to be released tomorrow.

Haha ok i guess ill just wait!
but thanks for helping me, this is the first time ive ever thought about rooting and i didnt want to mess anything up!

lol no problem.
thats how i felt when i first started messing with the phone.

and theandroid, lucky you haha.
ive applied themes and updates where ive forgotten to wipe, sometimes it messes everything up n othes the phone will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom