• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For MT4G Users Who Never Got the OTA Gingerbread Update

1BlinkGone

I want to clarify a few posts and misconceptions about what you can & can't do. First you obviously need the Original GB install. Here it is:

To get the original OTA GB O/S that you never got, go to the link below, and follow the directions step by step. Download the PD15IMG.zip file offered in the embedded link there and follow the instructions exactly. This is what I did for 4 MT4G phones, without any problems. Yes, the file is safe, its the official OTA update file from T-Mobile.
Bupahs World: MyTouch 4G Gingerbread - Update

After installing your fresh upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 and reboot after fresh install; then do this to get the updated file (You now CAN download the new OTA 2.32.531.1 update manually.)

menu/settings/about phone/software update/check now

click the "check now" button

There should be a pop-up window offering you an update.

Pick which method.

Follow directions.

Done. You will now have Version 2.32.531.1

Can this be made to a sticky post? Though I've already updated to GB via T-Mob store, this will help those who haven't upgraded yet. :)

not all people have the upgrade.... i check mine and said is no upgrade available... i saw a post from HTC that said is going to send every day before january 26 the update... well let see!:D

Worked like a charm! Now we see 4G up top. To think a whole year went by and only were getting 3G (actually it showed an "H" too).

Thanks!

Worked like a charm! Now we see 4G up top. To think a whole year went by and only were getting 3G (actually it showed an "H" too).

Thanks!

You are quite welcome!! BTW, you WERE getting 4G before, it's just that the H has been replaced w/the 4G icon. Now it looks "official" lol. enjoy!

Finally did this. Worked perfectly. Phone seems faster in all things and went from EDGE to 2G . No biggie for most but out in the sticks thats pretty good. :cool:

Or is 2G the new EDGE ? LOL

When I click that link, it takes me to a page that says Mytouch 4G update fail, then on that page, I click a link in the first paragraph that says "in store upgrade option", it takes me to the tmobile page that says it stopped the update.

Back
Top Bottom