• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ford Sync (NOT MyFordTouch) and JB

monicakm

Android Enthusiast
My Razr pairs fine with my 2011 Ford Flex and Sync reads text messages when the phone is connected via BT. Everything works as it should. Razr is running ICS. I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded to JB and had problems with Sync pairing or reading text messages. I have the 1st gen. of Sync, not the squirrely MFT :o
Monica

i have a Note 2 and everything also works great with my 2013 focus with regular sync EXCEPT replying to messages. when I receive a text it says its from "My Name" and when I go to reply it simply sends the text to my own phone...do u not have this issue?

No, I didn't have that issue but now I have no text reading capabilities at all.
JB broke it :(

i have a Note 2 and everything also works great with my 2013 focus with regular sync EXCEPT replying to messages. when I receive a text it says its from "My Name" and when I go to reply it simply sends the text to my own phone...do u not have this issue?

Can anyone help with the fact that I can not play music from my Razr phone. I sync it via USB cable to my Ford Sync but it doesn't read or find my music.

I use a USB thumb drive in my 2011 Ford Flex but when I choose to play music from my phone (thru the car's speakers) I have to change from USB to BTST (bluetooth). Don't know which version of Sync you have and if you have the 8" navigation screen or not. If you have the orginal Sync (not My Ford Touch) and have the Nav screen, I can tell you how to do it.

Thanks monicakm. I have a 2013 Escape I have the newest version of sync and was able to listen through BTST. I can't get the loudness from it but it reads from my phone and works good enough.

Do you have the volume all the way up on the phone? Don't know what the reason is but I've read several times that it's best to have the phone volume up all the way and regulate the volume with whatever speakers are being used.

Yes, it was all the way up. I guess it's not that bad but I like to hear the bass when I have the music on and the bass doesn't come through that well.

Back
Top Bottom