• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Freedom Kernel Overclocked

So I have downloaded Game Theory's Freedom Kernel Overclocked Version on my Lucid 2 and I am having issues with my WiFi. I am unable to turn it on/off and its stays in Searching mode saying its connected to %*&$+*&. On his website its says if we are willing to test it and have issues to post here and he will see it. Sooooo, yeah that's what I'm doing. I will say I am kind of new to the whole Android rooting experience but I don't mind bricking the phone and starting again to become a little bit more knowledgeable. So what do we do from here.

Wow I totally forgot about the overclock kernel since it's been up for a while now on my site. Glad someone tried it so I can know more or less how to proceed with it. I'll probably lower the overclock on it to make it more stable.

Go to this next thread and flash that kernel. This is the one everyone's using which is fully working. It has no overclock though...

http://androidforums.com/lucid-2-all-things-root/744013-kernel-lucid-2-freedom-kernel-lite.html

If instead you wish to go back to stock kernel, just do an advanced restore in recovery and choose to restore "boot". This will restore the stock kernel from your backup.

I'll do a new build of the overclock kernel and post back in this thread when it's ready in a day or two.

Edit:
Were you able to overclock?

Wow I totally forgot about the overclock kernel since it's been up for a while now on my site. Glad someone tried it so I can know more or less how to proceed with it. I'll probably lower the overclock on it to make it more stable.

Go to this next thread and flash that kernel. This is the one everyone's using which is fully working. It has no overclock though...

http://androidforums.com/lucid-2-all-things-root/744013-kernel-lucid-2-freedom-kernel-lite.html

If instead you wish to go back to stock kernel, just do an advanced restore in recovery and choose to restore "boot". This will restore the stock kernel from your backup.

I'll do a new build of the overclock kernel and post back in this thread when it's ready in a day or two.

Edit:
Were you able to overclock?
Where is the overclocked version? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom