• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Friend having issues, need help

A friend of mine has this phone (with T-Mobile if that helps any) and is having two major issues but would like to see if she can avoid a hard reset if she can.

First, she cannot access the Play store on her phone whatsoever. It has been this way about a month after she got the phone.

Second, and this is within the last few weeks, it has taken pictures when she's not even touching it as well as sending texts to people with SOS messages.

I hoped someone here would know of the latter issue, but I believe the former will only be solved by a hard reset. She's tried soft resets but nothing has helped.

Thanks everyone for any input.

A friend of mine has this phone (with T-Mobile if that helps any) and is having two major issues but would like to see if she can avoid a hard reset if she can.

First, she cannot access the Play store on her phone whatsoever. It has been this way about a month after she got the phone.

Second, and this is within the last few weeks, it has taken pictures when she's not even touching it as well as sending texts to people with SOS messages.

I hoped someone here would know of the latter issue, but I believe the former will only be solved by a hard reset. She's tried soft resets but nothing has helped.

Thanks everyone for any input.
Well with the play store go into setting settings and then apps and find the play store app and clear app data or just factory reset the phone. Also are you on stock or custom rom?

Reactions: melissaivory
Upvote 0
Check under settings, safety assistance to see if send help messages is turned on. She may need to adjust the settings. Something could be triggering the SOS help messages by mistake.

Camera - Check to see if she has camera short cut set on lock screen. It could be getting activated inadvertently. Disable by going to settings, lock screen, disable camera short cut .

PlayStore - Check settings, application manager , scroll all the way to the right and click on tab " Turned Off " . Check to see if the Play store app has been turned off. If so just select turn on and it will reappear under downloaded applications. You will need to update the app and sign back in through Google play store .

If rooted and running a custom Rom follow @dfuse06 instructions. He knows this phone better than anyone. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: melissaivory
Upvote 0
Settings
Some screen shots to help guide you

Attachments

• 1433342678942.jpg
    1433342678942.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1433342699774.jpg
    1433342699774.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 1433342720674.jpg
    1433342720674.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1433342736554.jpg
    1433342736554.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 67
  • 1433342750304.jpg
    1433342750304.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones