• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRP lock + Recovery is not seandroid enforcing + can't connect phone via USB to Odin!

Hey everyone,

I drove into a big issue with my sister’s phone. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 NEO (SM-G903F). Some days ago, I did root the phone of my sister. Everything was allright and worked afterwards. I just had to unlock the OEM lock in the developer options. Additionally, I flashed a custom recovery from “TWRP”. To that point everything did just worked fine as it should be. Now we come to the issue. My sister accidently hit the OEM lock button. Now she can’t boot the phone anymore as the phone shows the message: "Custom binary blocked by FRP lock". Also, if I try to go into the recovery system the message pops of with: "Custom binary blocked by FRP lock" and "Recovery is not seandroid enforcing"! If I turn on the power button or either go into the recovery, I can see the start samsung boot display for 3 seconds after that the phone shuts down automatically. On top on all of that, the phone generally has an overheating issue as it gets really easy very hot and closes application automatically. Now the only options I thought I have is to go into the download mode and connect the phone via USB to “Odin” to flash a new firmware. Easy as it is I started “Odin” on the pc went into the download mode, plugged the USB cable into the pc and waited for the "added" message. Unfortunately, nothing popped up. Therefore, I tried all different cables (Original Samsung, Multi-USB and cables from other phones) on the pc but still no "added" message. After that I tried 3 different PC's even a MAC, I tried all cables on all PC's but it didn't worked. Also I tried it on diffrent USB-Ports. I checked the Device-Manager and also there couldn't find the phone anywhere. I installed “Kies”, tried to somehow connect the phone and installed new drivers. Really nothing worked... I am just not sure if the USB-Debugging button was checked or activated in the developer options or not. Anyway, I guess it shouldn't matter as it should connect in download mode the phone via usb. I really do hope someone is out there who can help me or might has a good tip/advice for me except something like: "You tried already everything", "There is nothing you can do" or " You can throw your phone away".

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Cossack007

USB Debugging not needed to use Odin. Sometimes Kies and Odin interfere with each other. On the PC that you installed Kies, uninstall Kies but keep the usb drivers and restart the computer and try Odin again.
How did you originally root the phone and install TWRP?

Thanks for your fast reply Jfalls63.
I uninstalled kies completely from my system but I can't still connect my phone to odin. It gets not recognized at all by the system. I even tried "Smart Switch" but in the last option the accept button is greyed out due to not proper USB connection. I used before Odin to flash the recovery and root! It worked before just like always. But now after FRP lock I just can't connect anymore. I am already trying really hard and it's pretty much frustrating to always fail.

FRP lock should not prevent your being able to connect to Odin in Download Mode. No lint or anything in phone's USB port preventing connection?

FRP lock should not prevent your being able to connect to Odin in Download Mode. No lint or anything in phone's USB port preventing connection?

Okay thats good to know. No nothing should prevent anything in the ports. It actually does work with other phones. I tried my own phone and another one. Both of them after a while got recognized by odin and it pops up the messsage "added".
So what can i do? That really drives me mad. Isn't there any other way? The battery is almost out of charge. Thats because i cannot charge even more the phone. If i plug it into charge it always creates a loop boot start with showing the charge icon shutting down and reapeating that action.

Are you trying to charge with the wall charger or PC USB?
Earlier when in Download Mode, was phone stable or acting erratic?

I just figured out a pretty much interesting thing. If I plug the phone into the wall charger it doesn't even charge properly. No charging sign or icon. The phone is just not charging if it's plugged to the wall. Therefore it's also not getting hot. But if I plug the phone into the PC USB port at least I can turn it on after a while. But same there no charging sign or icon either. Also, the phone gets very hot if I plug in into charge. After plugging the phone to a usb port I can go into download mode and if i hit the power button the charging icon pops up but unfortunately from there a loop starts as the charging icon is just shown for 5 seconds after that the display gets out for about 3 seconds after that the loops starts again. No, the phone was stable before in download mode. As I tried to root the phone the first time it failed due to not have unlocked the FRP lock. So, I rooted a second time with unlocked FRP with success. After that and installing busy box the phone got very hot. It showed message of overheating and closed automatically applications. Do you think I should buy a new battery? Might this solve my issue/problem?

Thanks a lot for your support and help. I really do appreciate that!

Wouldn't hurt to try another battery before you write it off as a lost cause

Thanks for confirming that option and thanks again for trying your best/hard to solve my issue/problem. Do you have another idea/tip or adivce what I could try to fix my phone?

Everything depends on it booting into Download Mode, being stable, and PC/ Odin being able to connect.
I killed a S5 Active once by playing around with Terminal Commands. Finally replaced motherboard.

Only other thing I can think of would be to try and find a local shop that has experience with JTAG. It's basically getting the phone to boot from a external source. Above my skill level but heard it can work as long as motherboard is not toast.

Everything depends on it booting into Download Mode, being stable, and PC/ Odin being able to connect.
I killed a S5 Active once by playing around with Terminal Commands. Finally replaced motherboard.

Well the phone is stable when it's boot into download mode. The phone is just getting very hot and by plugging it into PC USB not conecting to odin!
Changing the Motherboard would be the very last option for fixing my issue. Still i will let this option open to the end if nothing else helps.

Only other thing I can think of would be to try and find a local shop that has experience with JTAG. It's basically getting the phone to boot from a external source. Above my skill level but heard it can work as long as motherboard is not toast.

I actually did already found one shop. I will try on monday to check with them if they could have a look at my phone and hope they can fix my issue. Thanks for recommending. At first i try another battery, see how that works. If this fails i will contact the shop. Have a good weekend!

Back
Top Bottom